Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 02:40:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s wrong with this picture…  (Read 2292 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »

Hello BW-

You know—I forgot to take pics of the wig-wag when I had it apart!

I do apologize for this and will post pics of it back in place- sans the roof and windscreen interior strut cover. I will need to remove it again once the roof is reinstalled, and at that time I will clean it up and detail it.

It’s just a simple diaphragm with a heavy spring and plunger. The arm has a raised area, which moves from the pressure of the plunger. The spring fights this, until the air pressure is up.

In relation to the driving position, I’ve seen different type mountings with some being right on the dash, whilst others attaching to the roof directly.
Mine has the air-line fastened up the center windscreen post and then the unit is bolted to the roof, just left of center.
The “driving position” is with the lever up- to the left. The “low air” is it swinging back and forth. The “no air” is hanging limp-

I think there are some pics of the dash area in my album which shows it in its standard place.

Thank you for the inquiry and my forgetting the pics-

Cheers-

Mind the Gap!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »

Thanks Richard, I will.  My silence for a couple of days should give some relief.  Wink
Brill-o, have you seen the ad in the BNO board for the '46 Brill?  There's one for sale...that's one way to get a load of spare parts!
Pmail me your address and I'll send you a cable.  You'll get a good idea of what is possible.
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

Barry,

I still need the width of the rear axle if you have time.

If it's too wide, we can take off the outside duals to make it narrower.

Dallas
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: