Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:43:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the BCM website - explanation?  (Read 3975 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »

Both the main Bus Conversions and the BBS sites have been offline several times over the past few days.

Given that just about everything about the BCM business seems to be in the toilet, many of us fear the worst.

Seems to me a simple explanation/notification (if work on the site is planned) would be appropriate.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »

LoL you been around Mike K long enough Jim do you really expect anything different

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »

Clifford, I would not expect a reply from MAK. 

I am hoping to get an explanation from Phil Lyons.

I believe he does quite a bit of the website maintenance.  Also, as one of the owners, I would hope that he would reply.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »

I really hope they (the capital "T" they) continue to maintain this site.  It is one of the big contributers to my actually getting into this.  The BNO site just seems to be about 4 guys perpetually sniping at each other; this site is about busses and bussing.

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I wish I had an answer for you. It looks like someone other then Phil Lyons is making software changes

resulting in program crashes!

I do have an inquire to MAK and I'm still waiting for a responce.

I'll keep ya posted!

Sorry for the inconvenience
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

I recently got a reply to a message I sent to the mag in Nov. It was professional and appropriate. Other than being very slow.  I have become attached to this learning medium and also social medium. I met Nicks mom and dad.and many others people I would have never met without this medium for that I am thankful.      Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »

For you night owls,, this forum is down each night lately between 2 am and 4 am most nights for some reason.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
longjohn

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

I really hope they (the capital "T" they) continue to maintain this site.  It is one of the big contributers to my actually getting into this.  The BNO site just seems to be about 4 guys perpetually sniping at each other; this site is about busses and bussing.
 Yeah it never stops with these two , i was just on BNO and they are spatting about "Orange's" of all things. I don't go to BNO much as this is the reason  why ....You would think Ian would at some point say enough ....BS.... . Who knows!  What a way to start the New Year............Shocked Roll Eyes

Sorry for being off topic of Jim"s post, I have also had trouble getting on BCM the last few days..........
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:47:57 PM by longjohn » Logged

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.
billmoocow

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »

I really hope they (the capital "T" they) continue to maintain this site.  It is one of the big contributers to my actually getting into this.  The BNO site just seems to be about 4 guys perpetually sniping at each other; this site is about busses and bussing.
     Uglydog, BNO is one of the oldest bus nut sites there is. The archives generally answer any question there is. No site can beat the wealth of knowledge over there! Tried and true and still here. Put your issues aside!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 05:52:55 AM »

Both boards have their advantages not much goes on at BNO any longer same will happen here you can only ask the same questions so many times

Ian does need to update the antique software not bad mouthing the BNO I told Ian that in his survey he did a couple of weeks ago and now the search feature there is so loaded with garbage it takes forever to find anything  

The old saying applies to both these boards we get what we pay for fwiw I glad somebody is trying to keep the MCI board alive it is too neat of a little board Jimmy started to die

good luck
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:56:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
gus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »

Considering the cost to members these two bus websites are pretty much a bargain as I see it!

They may have their faults, but don't we all? Without these two I would be bus illiterate today and surely not be enjoying my buses nearly as much.

Many websites shut down for maintenance in the wee morning hours - my email provider does this. I presume they have to do it sometime?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »

Hi Guy's,

MAK's web page[http://busconversions-gobusing.ning.com/] has been testing integration with the BBS

and seems to be what has caused the board crashes thees past weeks.

Phil Lyons will be repairing some hicups all this week so, we may have some more issues. Angry

I konw Phil will get them worked out because he has kept this board running without a glitch

for many years now. Hats off to you Phil Wink

Thanks Folks
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »

I recently took over control and ownership of the MCI Bus Talk forum.  Not nearly as much activity there as there is here but like was already said there is too much wealth in the history to let it go.

Please BCM, if there is risk that you might be having trouble - Don't let this forum fail.  I will gladly take over ownership and maintain the site.  This can't be allowed to fail.

You need to know there are people willing and able to keep this going - same for the magazine.  I have experience in publishing and currently maintain an energy related magazine.  You have done an amazing job, please, if you need help - ask.

Dave

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »

Hey Dave, I just tried to register over at the MCI board but it says registration is disabled?

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »

Yes, we're working on that.  The spammers have overwhelmed our registration system.

Send an email to admin@mcibustalk.com

I'll get you set up.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: