Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:51:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onan NH Problems Revisited  (Read 2496 times)
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »

David: I gave you the wrong email addy. Try sdmcw at shaw dot ca
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 07:40:55 PM »

I finally got the generator running properly.  Two of the wires coming from the brushes are switched.  I hooked it up 'wrong' according to the diagram, but it is correct for the way the wires are currently connected.  Maybe, at some point, I'll find the wires that are reversed and correct them.  Probably, I'll just re-label them in the connection box and keep things simple.  For now, I just wrote myself a note as to how things are connected and stuck it in the connection box; I've got too many other things to work on!

It's funny how something that started out as a cranking / starting issue turned out to be an issue with the AC wiring.  Thanks to all those that posted suggestions.  I never cease to be amazed at how helpful this board is.

David
beatsworkin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »

I to had similair problems starting my 7.5 onan.  I was changing the battery cablles and some how got the cables reversed.  I could't believe that I could do that but I did.  The battery turned the geneator motor over but it turned very slow and would not start.  When I finaly figured out thr problem and reversed the cables it started right up.  Hope this helps.

Red Ruby
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: