Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 07:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Repairs and Service near Albuquerque  (Read 2242 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 07:33:58 AM »

- some basic wrenches - if you are wrenching it will be on the fuel system so nothing really big needed
- VOM, test light, electric troubleshooting & minor repair supplies
- filter wrench
- grease gun (might want to buy that when you get there because its bulky and cheap)
- battery terminal cleaner
- tire pressure gauge (you need one that works on duals)

When you get there buy a case of oil and a case of antifreeze before you leave.  I'd want to look real hard at the ball joints before I took off - if one falls off it will really mess up your day.  Make sure there's oil or grease in all the bearings and if you have to add any oil then carry some hub oil and check them regularly.  A handheld GPS will give you a backup speedometer. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »

I thought I would bring this to the top again to see how the "adventure" worked out.  I will also bring the travel thread to the top, to see if he avoided the big storm here in CO the past few days.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
natepelton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

Hello-
I posted a trip report on the "1983 Prevost Pictures" thread, but as far as the service in Albuquerque goes, Stewart and Stephenson referred me to Harrera Coach and the mechanic canceled the appt and never called the PO, left him waiting at the bus for 4 hours, no call nothing. So I just inspected the bus myself and trusted the PO. Read more in the other thread.
Ended running the more southern route and didn't hit a drop of rain or flake of snow. All is well.
-Nate

Nate Pelton
1983 Prevost LeMirage
North Creek, NY
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

Liability is to great for a outfit to give a complete inspection on a bus,I have a situation right now with a friend selling his bus and another friend buying it and both want my take on it, talk about being between a rock and a hard place what ever I say or do 1 is not going to happy so I passed lol now both are upset.

Get a DOT inspection for the safety aspects,take it to engine manufacture for the engine and Allison for the transmission  do the rest yourself was my advice 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:19:36 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: