Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 12:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost windows  (Read 1670 times)
jaybe_2

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:00:04 PM »

I had thought I had seen windows for the prevost that the bottom part of the window opened. Has any on seen these? I stopped searching when I got a message that said you have reached the end of the internet.
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:31:04 PM »

Our 1990 Prevost came with side windows that had a slider section on the bottom. We added two windows in 2001 that has the lower section that tilts out. We purchased direct from Prevost. They were very helpful and they faxed us a parts sheet for the windows before we purchased.

jok

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 06:46:09 PM »

Le Mirage or H3 model prevost?

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
jaybe_2

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:11:47 AM »

My bus is a Le Mirage.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:48:02 AM »

When I was having my windows done At Peninsula, they commented that they had done the prevosts withe curved windows.  However what had to be done was for someone to cut the original glass horizontally part way up, keeping the original curved piece at the top.  Peninsula would make the slider for the bottom part.  Peninsula would not cut them as they didn't want the liability if the tempered glass broke.  If you are blanking out some of the windows in the middle, then you will have some spares. Maybe not the best alternative, but much less expensive than going through the dealer, any time you buy those custom curves it gets very pricey.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

Hi Jaybe
I have done just what you are asking about. It is as Jim said. I ordered the sliders from Motion Windows/Penensula glass in Washington state. They cost me about $1500 for 4 shipped to Missouri. I had to take my original windows to a local glass shop (after I removed them carefully)to get cut at the cost of $50 each then paid to have a windshield shop reinstall the windows at $50 each.
Nice addition. I was lucky that nothing broke. Grin

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
jaybe_2

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »

Skykingrob Any pics of your bus Or the windows?
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 06:40:11 PM »

Hi Jaybe
No digital pics. I have some printed pics that someday I could scan. I really should do digital but don't have the equipment.

Rob
91 LeMirageXL
Missouri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: