Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter update 45XLE build  (Read 816 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »

For those who have been following my rebuild of the fire damaged 98 45XLE prevost. Things are going good. Have posted pictures of ceiling. Last week we started covering walls with fabric. The way we do this is to put luan over insulation then quilt batting and then upholstery fabric. We stretch the fabric tight and staple around edges. Special attention has to be paid when stretching if fabric has a line in pattern.  Top is behind trim and floor level is behind Quarter round. This part goes real quick.  Will leave for Fla in next 3 or 4 weeks and interior will be ready for flooring in the salon.   The final step. The tile work is already finished. We still have to make final choice of which wood we will use there. Stacked and dried I have Maple , Oak. Cherry, Gum, and poplar(to soft for floor). Judy sure likes the oak samples I have prepared.   Next step install drive train and finish body work.  Bus building is fun.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
longjohn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »

Mr Bob keep up with pics, I am working hard learning from your hard work. Smiley How long will you be in Florida? We start back with tomato's in early march, maybe we could take a look................

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »

Will be in Fla till April in 89Xl prob Ocola area.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
mugsytrpt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »

Hey Bob,

Haven't been on much lately.  Give me a call when you start to fl. Maybe we can get together when you come by south ga. Will you be on 95 or 75.  If you come down through atl and stay on 75 we need to get together when you pass Valdosta.  I wil make plans to drive my bus over and we can maybe have diner or something.  If interested let me know and I wil pm you my cell.  Keep up the great work on your bus.

1981 TMC MCI9 Converted
Purchased April 2010
Located in South Georgia
New Kohler 23.5kw genset April 2013
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: