Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 12:10:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yearly Maintenance Schedule  (Read 686 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »

Hello Again -

I'll have quite a few things to ask about this week - Newbie here so bear with me.

I am in the process of building a spreadsheet for yearly maintenance on our bus.  But before I spend hours doing this and probably leaving off those little things that I am unaware of, does anyone out there have such a "digitized" checklist already that they could share?  I am looking for a generic maintenance list for any bus but if you have one specific for an Eagle 10 that would be wonderful as well. 

I have searched the archives and could not find a topic in which someone has created this already, so forgive me if this has been discussed in the past (I am sure it has...just can't find the secret code)

Also - I did create an excel checklist for buying a bus.  This was a culmination of many of the topics posted here and on bus nuts.  It's got room for improvement but if you are in the process of looking to buy a bus or would just like to see because you love buses and would love to add to it feel free to PM me and I'll email it to you.

Thanks again.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »

Do you have a maintenance manual for your bus? Go off of that. Also your engine manual will have the preventive maintenance schedule. Like the Detroit Diesel Service Manual for your particular engine.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »

The check list for a Eagle is in the drivers manual do you have the manual covers the engine also

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:10 AM »

Sean -

Sean (Our Odyssey) has something similar to what you're talking about.  Might give him a shout, he'll gladly share with you.

As mentioned before, you need four books: The Operator's Manual (Driver handbook), The Parts Book, The Coach Maintenance Manual and the Detroit Diesel Service Manual.  Scour eBay and CL for used copies, or www.coachinfo.com for digital.  "DA BOOK" is well worth the investment.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:49:55 AM »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.  I do have 3 of the 4 books.  I think I am missing the Detroit Diesel Manual.

I was just looking for something in digitized format (excel format or similar) that can easily be updated on the computer.  My handwriting is absolutely horrid so it is better for me to keep digital records and print them up so they are readable. If no one has anything already, I'll transfer what is in the books to an excel sheet and share it back here for anyone who'd like to keep a digital copy. 

When I was at Arcadia, KC (Ken) was parked next us in a beautiful wanderlodge and he had kept awesome records and all printed up from his computer in a 3 ring binder.  I'll try to hunt him down.

Sean (Our Odyssey) has something similar to what you're talking about.  Might give him a shout, he'll gladly share with you.
I got to meet Sean and Louise at Arcadia as well.  No doubt he probably has an excel checklist that covers every detail.  I'll give him a shout as well.

Thanks again for all your help.  You guys are great.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »

I just change my engine oil and filter, fuel filters, air filter, grease the chassis (mostly the brakes and steering rods), adjust the brakes every year.  Every other year my transmission oil and filter.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: