Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 27, 2014, 11:16:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for a 35 footer  (Read 4460 times)
chuckdrum

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:10 AM »

Thanks for letting me in to the board- maybe you folks can help me with a little mystery.  I'm in the market for a 35' conversion and my search lead me to a 1969 GMC 4107 in Chico, CA.  It's a bit of a convoluted story but the end result is that I know the bus is still for sale (listed @ $32,000), it's owned by a retired nurse named Amber who is not physically able to handle driving it anymore, but I have no other contact info or any pics of the bus.  Does anyone happen to know about this rig or maybe have a connection with someone in Chico who does?

Thanks!
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »

Google awes me sometimes.  I have no idea if this adds to your information, but the fact that it popped right up just astounded me.  I searched on "1969 GMC 4107 in Chico, CA".

http://www.nationalmultilist.com/listing.php?listing_id=153520

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
chuckdrum

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:47:50 AM »

Yeah, that's where I got the original lead.  Thing is, that ad is not supposed to even be there.  It's a "trial ad" (for lack of a better term) and the seller can then pay the $299 fee to list it fully with pics and direct contact info or they can request to just have the ad removed.  This ad was supposed to have been removed per seller's request, it wasn't for some reason, I saw it and contacted the multi-list folks, they can't give me the seller info but gave me a little of the background story.  I *could* pay the $299 fee myself and they would provide the connection, but I'm not excited about doing that since I have no pics or other details.
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:57:21 AM »

I doubt the salesperson you talked too has any idea as to why it's for sale.  They call everybody that lists anything on Craigslist and puts up a sample add for them to see.  Maybe, try putting an add on the Chico Craigslist and see if the owner sees it?  It's hard to say how old that sample ad is. 

Don and Cary
1973 05 Eagle
GM 4107
Neoplan An340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
blank

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:10:57 AM »

Theres a 4107 conversion on Sacramento Craigslist, $49K

Thats an awful lot of asking price for that model in the current market. $32K likely is as well, it would have to be really nice.
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »

http://fayar.craigslist.org/rvs/2775030837.html

Come to the dark side, Luke.....

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
chuckdrum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »

to Cary and Don- Actually, the particular sales person I talked with did know quite a lot about the situation.  I felt like she wanted to make the seller-buyer connection for free but she probably valued her job more than me! I might try the "bus wanted" craigslist ad as you suggest.  Thanks.

artvonne- I emailed that Sacramento 4107 guy a week ago with some questions and he never responded.  It is pricey, indeed.

uglydog- Haha! Cool little rig! wrong bed arrangement for me and a *bit* funkier than I had in mind.  I used to have a '57 Crown, 40' with midship Cummins, a 5-speed stick and dually twin axels (yup, 8 tires in the back).  Loved it except it rode like a rock.

to all-  In the meantime, I've found a very nice '79 MCI-5C that might trump my other searches.  But I'd still be interested in finding out about the Chico bus.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »

Sounds like a scam to get $299 from you..Careful...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »

The later 40ft tandem axle Crowns had air suspension-then they ride well.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »

Contact Larry Hall of the Western GM club he will tell you the contact for that bus screen name here is NotaPup

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
gus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »

As a 4107 owner I have to say that it is an exceptional bus and only 35'. Unless you are a full-timer I see no need for the extra 5', weight and expense for a 40'ter.

4107 air bags give a great ride and mine has individual leveling valves which makes it much better. The 4104 air bags don't give anywhere nearly as good a ride but that system is totally different.

$32K is a reasonable price considering that it is surely only a starting price and if it is in great shape. I gave more than that for mine a year ago and it is worth every penny. It all depends!! There is no set price for any model bus, it far more depends on the condition than the model.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »

We just started our 9th year as fulltimers in a 35 ft. bus and are happy with it. There are times i would like to have a 3rd bay but i would just fill it up with junk. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:37 PM »

You can search Claz.org also

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
JWallin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 02:22:50 AM »

Chuck,

I have a 4107 I may be interested in selling. We were full timing for two years until last April. The bus is currently in the Tampa Bay area. You can call me to discuss it if you wish between 8 and 4 eastern at nine 4 one 7 three zero 7 four five 2.

Jim
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »

Bus prices

We all know there are all different prices in bus conversions.  There are high prices and low prices.  There are good conversions and junk conversions.  I don't think we are doing our conversions any favors by saying that a reasonable price for a good conversion is out of line.  We are all crying over the price of our conversions going through the floor.  It seems that we are doing it to ourselves by saying that any bus is too high priced without personally knowing what it has to offer. For us to decide the appropriate price for a conversion from an ad with four pictures and probably ten lines of description is not fair to either the seller or buyer. Newbies come here for informed information on prices and features in conversions.

I think it is good to share our knowledge of what to look for and the different features that a new owner should look for.  We are here to share our experience.  Let's help this new person to avoid the mistakes that we may have made or avoided because of somebody else that helped us.

Yes there are some great bargains out there and there are some over priced conversions out there. But for the most part,  it comes down to you get pretty much what you pay for in this world.  Many of theses "great bargains"  are the reason the new bus owner didn't make it home without a tow.

Don and Cary
1973 05 Eagle
GM 4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: