Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 04:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carport/RV (bus) port  (Read 846 times)
bergdoll

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »

looking to put up a "carport" style cover for my bus. neighbor has one for his 32' RV. any body have any plans that can be submitted to the building inspector? pole barn/carport. want to use wood... i am in indiana, north east of indianapolis.
any info./help would be greatly appreciated.
                                                           bobbybergdoll@yahoo.com

1982 Prevost Champion/Marathon under construction...
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48:36 PM »

Why not just ask your neighbor about his.  He will probally know what he had to do.  Just my 2 cents.
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 07:22:28 PM »

The farmers around here are growing quite fond of those heavy vinyl tarp tent structures for their drive sheds.

"Temporary" I think is the operative word and no building permit.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »

Free standing structures come under local regulations. These vary from 'you can't do that' to 'do what you want and don't tell us'.  Ask you local inspector and he may be helpful with suggestions on the best way to get what you want. A friendly discussion is much better than a fight over code interpretation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: