Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 17, 2018, 01:27:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air question (Prevost)  (Read 1252 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »

How long should a Prevost hold air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:32:24 AM »

Until it turns blue?

Grin

Full brake application, engine off, 3 psi per minute loss is max acceptable.  Less than that is how annoying is it?  My bus loses about 5 psi an hour down to 60, then it holds for a while.  The suspension stays up for a few weeks if it's warm out.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »

I' ve seen some hold air for weeks, and some for a few hours. The brake test is a good check, and required by law for CDL drivers. My would hold air for only a few hours before I replaced the drive train. While it  was apart, I replaced all brake cans, and rubber hoses. I also replumbed the air from the compressor to wet tank. It will hold 80-90 lbs all the time now, even after a couple weeks. But, I do not have the air susp. like yours. A lot more in that air system to leak. When I am looking for a small leak I use a spray bottle with dish det. and water. Spray suspect areas and if there is a leak it wil bubble. Takes a while but eventually you will find the culprit.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »

Ace: Know you have new air bags. so that's good. Most leaks are around leveling valves or the push type fittings. Summer my 89 holds for 2 days winter lucky to make it 12 hrs with the expansion factor. ever time you open shut door it gets into your reserve and would surprise you how much movement in your bus trips leveling valves.Short burst or exhaust that have to be replaced from reserve.  My times were unattended.   Bob.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »

Ace, 

I assume that you have 3 different air pressure circuits.   My H3 will hold the front and rear brake pressure for months!   I will pull some air to clear the lines, but it will hold the pressure.   However, it is a different story with my aux air pressure.   I will lose all my air over night.  I think that it's the leveling valves...

Kevin
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »

My coach started life as a seated coach and don't think it has the low level system!
Even the shop owner was surprised that it stayed up for a long time and then as soon as I got it home and parked, it lost all air and ride height!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

Are you just trying to cause trouble?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

posted from my old fashioned tower style desk top computer
Pentium 4 1.4 GHz 768 MB Ram

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »

It's just like any two year old - it held it's breath till it was blue in the face, and now it's settled down for a nice nap...    Wink

Dang, that was a non-useful reply!  But then I hate smart phones for some reason...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

Mine also bleeds off very slowly for a few days and 60lbs for another week.  WAY better than  the pete tanker i sold 2 yrs ago.

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: