Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 12:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BCM Magazine  (Read 7270 times)
technomage99

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »

Hi forum gang:
Birds of a feather flock together, but when the lead bird flies into a plate glass window, time to veer off and join another flock.
Anyone got something else  in mind??  I figure the next axe to fall will be the demise of this website-- somebody's gotta pay for it.
I hope magazine subscriptions and sales of other stuff have been refused/suspended.   Anyone tried to buy something from MAK lately as a test???

Cal
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »

Thank-you for the most complete and honest summary of the situation.
I believe it will help all to move on,which for the good of the many is what is needed.
I would assume that the board will survive, it is my understanding that the Simple Machines platform is freeware and so costs nothing, correct me if i am wrong.
And hopefully my method of inquiry has not totally alienated anyone/everyone.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

At one time, BCM had a dedicated server on GoDaddy.  Given the huge size of the database (including a ton of hosted pictures), I would suspect that the yearly cost of hosting this website is not insignificant.  I doubt that the sidebar ad income offsets the expense. 

I think a few folks have offered to host the site, and I know that the data is being archived, so I don't think the forum part of this site will go away.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: