Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wall covering  (Read 729 times)
mikke60

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »

I am think about some heavy vinyl wall paper for my wall covering. Would appreciate some input ,either for or against. Thanks, Mike
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »

Nice thing about do it your way in bus building IS That..Only problem we had in past with wall covering was showing plywood grain through paper.  We now use Quilt batting and Upholstery Material on walls  and marine vinyl on ceiling. The guilt batting 2 oz acts as a sound barrier and smooths out corners and bumps.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »

I install wallpaper for a living.  There are good things and bad about the commercial type wall coverings.  They wear like iron, especially the fabric back types.  You can scrub them over and over and they still look new. They have to be installed with the heavy duty clay based adhesives if you want it to stay up.  The clear adhesives aren't strong enough to hold it up with the temperature and humidity changes that a conversion has to endure.  Movement tends to make the corners want to let go where two walls meet.  It will want to wrinkle over time where two plywood panels meet if you hang across the joint.

That all being said,  we have wall coverings. We used the commercial fabric type on the ceiling that offices use on cubicles and various other wallpapers on the walls.  We like the look and it makes it more like home.

Cary
1973 05 Eagle
4107 GM
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
gus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »

One problem I've found with any thin wall covering is cracking from bus movement. I prefer the thicker vinyl or something similar.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »

Don: we have came by some 72 inch wide fabric. makes covering real easy! We stretch tight to outside corner in all directions and fasten. little planning and you can see no seams. Use a clear iron on raincoat coating on splash areas on same fabric.  Marine vinyl on roof;use to use suede but visitors would feel ceiling and oil from hands leave marks. Just wipe marine vinyl down.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: