Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It smells like a scam.. It just may be! The HoJo Motor??  (Read 4032 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: February 18, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

Hi Folks.

Has anybody heard of the HoJo Motor?

The Howard Johnson Prepetual motor..

I just watched a video online and I was somewhat convinced that this existed until the end of the video when the sales pitch rolled in... Cheesy

What do you guys think?
http://www.hojomotor.com/

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »

Ridiculous

Fun to watch - but simply ridiculous.

By the way... energy companies can't force anyone to "take down" a web site.

But, magnets have been tried... millions of times.

Let me know how it works!

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »

I watched part of it, but it was just to long.  I think the narrator is a perpetual talking machine.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »

Pure BS

If there was any merit what so ever, it would sell itself.
Since it needs all that sensational hype to get your attention, it can't it on it's own merits.

The real stuff sells itself.

The fact that the website clings to you & doesn't want to let you leave makes it worse.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »

Engines that run on air, perpetual motion, flywheel-"powered" vehicles, etc etc.   What I find far more interesting is the underlying reason that these scammers repeatedly try to hoodwink people, time after time after time.   I can only surmise that there are enough ignorant gullible people out there that at least some of them fall for whatever claptrap is being touted.   It's like telemarketing  -  it takes only a few "customers" to make the whole thing worthwhile to whoever is making the money.   Is it because science is not given the recognition it deserves, and there are significant numbers of ostrich-people who won't acknowledge basic scientific realities (or even the laws of physics)?

On another bus conversion forum someone there suggested in all seriousness that diesel engines can run, and according to her did actually run, on water.   Yes, water!   When I and a few others questioned her credibility we were made to feel like heretics for daring to doubt her.   This level of scientific ignorance is frightening, especially when it permeates an entire population.

John, still gobsmacked by it all
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:15:58 PM by Iceni John » Logged

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

People want to believe in things, whether it's space aliens, gods, devils, conspiracy theories, mythical beings, magic, politicians or perpetual motion machines. Intelligence and education is part of it, but there's a much deeper psychological basis to it as well I'm sure. I have a girlfriend who is extremely intelligent but none-the-less has some beliefs in the power of alternative medicine which are, to me, completely irrational. At her insistence I'm reading a book on the subject at the moment - which happens to be a nice counterpoint to the Steve Jobs biography I read at Christmas - Steve Jobs, also a super-intelligent believer in alternative medicine, was sure that he could cure himself of his cancer, and as a result died much earlier than he would otherwise have done.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

John, still gobsmacked by it all

Is there a better word than gobsmacked to describe these conditions??

I think not!

Well done!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »

Guy's...

Yesterday I purchaced the Brooklyn Bridge at a steal.. $20,000

Now my wife says sell it or she's devorcing me!

First $5000 takes it home! Grin

LOL

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »

Grin LOL! Crap Nick! Just Got back from the city, I coulda looked it over before I left as I was looking to get the Ol' Lady a something from the city other this aweful cold I brought back with me. She woulda been pleased... Darn it all! Wink Grin Grin

V-Man

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »

People want to believe in things, whether it's space aliens, gods, devils, conspiracy theories, mythical beings, magic, politicians or perpetual motion machines. (snip) 

Yes, I was reading a news report on a guy who had built a trailer with a generator powered by a turbine to provide power to his Nissan Leaf electric "vehicle" when he needs to drive more than 30 miles from home.  He'd spent about $30,000 on it and was terribly proud of himself.  After all, electric vehicles are automatically just wonderful - cheap, non-polluting, quiet and "green", right?  There were comments on the report that ranged from other electric "vehicle" true believers who were congratulating him for doing such a good thing -- especially since he could get the price down to nearly $20,000 if he got them into production.  Other people said that he was stupid because for a very low cost, he could just add a generator to each of the non-driven wheels and as the driven wheels push the car down the road, those generators could charge his batteries and thus he'd never have to stop to charge it.  In all these cases, I think that people were writing what they truly believed.  It must be all those drug takers  in the 60's who are now parents with children who are now old enough to be buying cars..

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »

Mostly right... only thing is the children of the people in the '60's are now stealing their parents drugs... Grin

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 03:13:53 AM »

Hey Van, i will sell you the Golden Gate bridge for only $10,000......much closer to home for you guys, you could visit it often! Grin   Or if you want a Dam instead, i happen to have one right in your hometown.....call for pricing. Cheesy

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »

It's bad enough having a small accident at a gas or diesel pump where you spill some of the fuel on yourself.  I'd hate to have that happen with an electrical vehicle and spill some electricity.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »

I"ve spilled electricity before - it was a shocking experience.   Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »

I"ve spilled electricity before - it was a shocking experience.   Shocked

I've occasionally become a rag mopping up spilled diesel (gasoline, not so much) but I've never become a welding electrode.  I'm happy about that.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: