Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagles International Spring rally  (Read 2218 times)
john9861

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »

Well after quite some time & much patience with the campground I was finally able to work out a rally for this spring. Eric Brown, Tom Hamrick & myself were discussing the possibility of moving this year's rally west a bit to help travel plans to offset the distance for many of you.  In so doing a spot was found that has so many attractions that you could make this a 2 week rally & never do it all.  How about Music City, USA. That's right,

****NASHVILLE****
 Here's the details:
Rally Dates:   Wednesday May 2nd thru Sunday May 6th
Place:  Nashville  KOA
Details:  For this rally you will contact the Nashville KOA to handle your reservations.There is no rally fee. Your costs will be directly associated with the campground. Follow this link or use the phone # provided
http://koa.com/campgrounds/nashville/
800) 562-7789 Reservations   (615) 889-0286  info
The reservations line goes directly to Nashville KOA so you will be dealing with
someone at the site rather than a national office.
**Extremely Important**
When calling in your reservation please be sure to mention "Eagles International" to get the rally rate & placed in the proper area close to all your buddies...     ( Sections  T,U,V,W  on park map)
Site Details:   In order to put together a rally the 1st week of May the sites associated with the rally are 30 amp full hookups & paved. there is a limited # of 50 amp sites & the KOA would not allow us to lock those down for a special price. You can get a 50 amp site but must pay the normal fee. And you may not be located near the rest of us. The weather should be comfortable & most likely won't need to run multiple A/C's, etc.
Site Costs:   $34.95 per night (you must mention Eagles international to
 get the special rate & locate in the rally section) Normally $58.95
You can get 50 amp full hookups for $61.95 per night
In Nashville there's not a lot of campgrounds that can handle a rally or group therefore the rates at KOA are what they are. That being said when visiting the KOA website you will see that it is a very nice park.
 An itinerary will unfold as we go but there is so much to do in Nashville we will not be giving you a minute by minute plan of events to go by.
However plans are being made for at least one covered dish supper & special entertainment on various occasions. Info to follow.
You are not limited to the rally dates only. Feel free to come in early &/or leave out late. We have secured use of the music barn for events or meals. Normal cost of this building is $700 per day.
We may also put together a group to go to Grand Ole Opry, etc. Gray Line Tours picks up groups at the KOA for various attractions so maybe that will work for us.
Get a notepad & take notes while visiting the KOA  website & various links available. The KOA is conveniently located near major attractions.

Also important--- This rally is an Eagles International Official Event but is not limited to EI members only. Everyone is invited.
This will be a fantastic event that you should not miss. So don't think it over too long. Just make the call.

Trail Bosses:    John Mellis   803-829-4242
                             Eric Brown   864-444-7373
                             Tom Hamrick  828-248-2781

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:01:28 AM »

I have made arrangements with Almost Chrome to come out to KOA and polish wheels for anyone who wants their done. They polish the wheels and stainless siding on many of the entertainer coaches in Nashville. They get $80 - $120 for 6 wheels depending on condition, but he said most of the time it is $80, which sounds like a good deal to me. I already have a couple that wants them done including mine!!! He also can polish the bumpers and corners if anyone needs that done. Please let me know if you are interested and when you will be arriving so that we can schedule this work to be done over several days. They do stay busy with the entertainer coaches so we need to know how many are interested so he can plan his schedule.

Tom Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:51:33 AM »

Thanks Tom. That'll work. I'll get my list together Wink

I talked to KOA. We have until this Sunday to fill the held spots at the rally rate. If you haven't registered yet don't get caught with your pants down... Come on we'll go to the Grand Ole Opry & other places. Oh yeah & eat & eat & eat...

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:51:07 AM »

Kenny & The Krooners perform every Wednesday night at 7:00 at the KOA Music Barn. Looks like a good outing for your first night at the rally. Cost is $10 each. Check it out...

http://nashvilleoldies.com/index.html

http://nashvilleoldies.com/overview.html

A Thursday, Friday, or Saturday Night Eagles Meal is working out. Eric is planning to smoke up some pork for barbecue & all you'll need to do is plan on bringing a dish. You all taught me back at the Santee Rally we don't need no caterer round here! John & Tara has a few appetizers to get ya started. Might even break out the sound system & get some eagle entertainment going. Wink

Be thinking about a possible group outing one evening. Many many options here especially the "Grand Ole Opry" where I understand "The Charlie Daniels Band" is scheduled for Thurs Night. 

Just stay flexible. You know we Eagles aren't big on stout schedules...

Stay tuned as there's probably more to come.

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »

Talked to Nashville KOA yesterday. They are still allowing signups at the rally rate. If you can work it out come on. If nothing else we're sure to be working on somebody's bus...  Cheesy

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: