Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 04:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neoplan price  (Read 3139 times)
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:08 PM »

Not completely sure yet but the August, 2006 centerfold is a 1992 Cityliner that they lowered the floor. I am just going to lower the seat section to the lowest aisle point so it shouldn't bother the "Utilities Conduit".
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 04:57:05 PM »

Lee, the bus is a beauty!  I remember the first time I ever saw a Neoplan was 1989, it belonged to Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart (a Christian Rock Group of the 80's).  That thing looked like a spaceship.  It was parked with three Eagles and, as much as I love Eagles, they couldn't hold a candle to the way that Neoplan looked.  He had the center door rigged up to open like an airplane door, with stairs, the whole nine yards.

IT WAS AWESOME.  I wonder what ever happened to that bus...

Jimmy 

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09:10 PM »

Found a picture of Mylon standing in front of his bus.  Google is awesome. 

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 05:10:25 PM »

crud, pic didn't post.  Thought I followed all directions, oh well.  Just go here to see it.

http://www.mylon.org/multimedia/index.php

it's the one titled "Look Up" Cover

Jimmy, Is this what you were trying to do?
--Dallas
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:50:43 PM by Dallas » Logged

Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 08:17:08 AM »

The Mylon Le Fevre coach ended up at I-44 Bus Sales in Sarcoxie, MO, where it sat for almost two years.  That bus almost became Odyssey -- we looked at it early on, even had it driven to Lamar for a full inspection.  Ultimately, we passed it over, since it had several problems and we would have had to do quite a bit of body modification to get the motorcycles into it.

The air-operated side entry door is a standard feature of Spaceliners -- not somethinng Mylon had done to it.

With regard to lowering the floor on the Cityliner, you should be aware that this coach is a monococque design, and the floor truss is an integral part of the load-bearing structure.  Moving it means doing, among other things, thrust analysis and calculations.  Also be aware that the sides of the aisleway are major structural elements.  Not saying it can't be done -- my coach has a lowered floor from the factory in Pilsting.   Just that you need to do the engineering first.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.blogspot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 08:50:16 AM »

"Also be aware that the sides of the aisleway are major structural elements"

This is true of mine too - my bus isn't a monocoque structure (fortunately), but the body is built around the aisle channel, which is actually made of beefy aluminium extrusions and definitely not something I want to mess with. It's a shame because for a long time I planned to lower the floor to gain an extra few inches of height, but in the end it will be less work to raise the roof. (I am 6'+, and it's really annoying seeing my shorter friends walk around the bus with no problems at all - what I really need is shorter legs, not a hgher roof). At least the aisle in my bus is quite shallow, so by boxing over it to gain a flat floor I gain a really useful conduit for cables and pipes. The aisle is also directly above the engine, so I've got an opportunity for lots of extra soundproofing too.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: