Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:47:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: williston ND  (Read 2340 times)
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »

Are there any bus nuts around or near Williston, ND or plentywood, MT I May be up there some time in late April.

Would like to meet and visit.

Thanks

Don
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

Hey Don, I could be if the dough was right! LOL! Wink Grin

Just Me

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

Ok Van, how much is your wife will to pay to get rid of you for a couple weeks. LOL

Don
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »

Don, if you're going in the bus, you won't find a parking spot in Williston for love or money.  You might be able to squeeze in to the Wal-Mart but you'll have to fight the roughnecks for a spot.  FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »

Going fishing huh Don lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

Clifford, you got that right, I need to get out of here for a little while. I need to find a place where I can fire up the BBQ with out the EPA breathing down my neck for air pollution.

Sean, I do here what you are saying, I have been watching the news but I am not going up there to work. I want to find either a busnut I can rent a place from for a couple of days or a good river to pull up to, drowned a fly or two and tell the world to kiss my Huh even if only for a few days.

Know what I mean.

Don

Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »

On our return trip from Az, our friends at Bismarck, ND told us that Wal-Mart had 'cleared out' their Williston parking lot of RV and trailer units that were "camping". It was on the local news.

Apparently, they had police and several tow-trucks on site to assist.

I guess that makes one less place to overnight...   Sad

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

Don,, Whats the draw of Williston??  There are great fishing spots in Montana and Idaho if its fishing.  I spent my four military years in Grand Forks and its just flat flat farm land, did I say flat??.  Several years ago the then governor of ND posted billboards around the states borders to improve tourism,, two I remember where: "Welcome to North Dakota, mountain removal project completed.">>>  "Welcome to North Dakota, Custer was healthy when he left here: >>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »

Hey Don  there is a nice KOA in Miles City and that puts about 3 hrs from plentywood. We moved to just outside Billings MT right off of I94 east bound.I have some room if you need a lay over and 50 amp.

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

I can think of a whole bunch of other places I'd rather go then ND.But then it is your choice.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 07:03:01 AM »

I can think of a whole bunch of other places I'd rather go then ND.But then it is your choice.  Good Luck, TomC 

Yeah, the phrase "rather be boiled in bad beer" do strike a famillyah note!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:43:08 AM »

Here is the scoop on the Walmart, it's off my overnight list... Interesting reading
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/williston-walmart-campers-finding-alternatives-to-parking-lot/article_6c0d2d48-537b-11e1-b4ea-001871e3ce6c.html

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

Don,

I have a friend in Sidney, MT.
PM me and I will give you his info.

Joe

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »

It appears RVers wore out their welcome at this Walmart by staying long term.  This is exactly why many RVers say never to start pulling out chairs and other stuff to make it look like a campground when you overnight at Walmart.  Is overnighting now completely banned at the Williston Walmart?

I noticed the Walmart at Vadnais Heights, MN now has a sign that says no overnight parking.  I wonder if it applies to RVs too?  This Walmart was just remodeled to include a grocery section.  I have seens RVs there before, but I don't think the signs went up until after the conversion last fall.  They previously had signs about cars left for sale would be removed.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »

It appears RVers wore out their welcome at this Walmart by staying long term.  This is exactly why many RVers say never to start pulling out chairs and other stuff to make it look like a campground when you overnight at Walmart.

Brian, these were not "RVers" passing through Williston.  Williston is experiencing a severe housing shortage due to the shale oil boom -- rents have quintupled, campgrounds are full, people are living in cars, tents, trailers, whatever.  These are roughnecks with no place to stay -- oil company can't build dorms fast enough.  Google Williston and you can read up on it.

Is overnighting now completely banned at the Williston Walmart?

Yes, apparently.  Not surprising, and, as the article said, Walmart was very lenient about it for a very, very long time.  I'd seen pictures of the lot a few months ago; it looked like a post-apocalyptic encampment.

Probably a good revenue opportunity for someone who wants to open a plain-jane year-round RV lot near there.  The roughnecks have plenty of cash -- that's why they are there.  Just no place to live.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: