Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:18:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need ideas/pictures  (Read 795 times)
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

I'm going to be installing a generator in my middle bay. It is kubota powered generator with four mounting pads and radiator.  I plan to mount it lengthwise with the generator head facing the front of the bus and I want to slide it out on either rollers or rails.

Ideas on ready made systems or homemade?  The generator weighs 500 lbs.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »

A guy at the Arcadia Bus Rally was selling those trays, someone can chime in with his name. They were VERY heavy duty!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
sunlovers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:03 AM »

I believe mine is made by Super Slide Co., not sure, not at home to look at the bus. It is the same company that makes the tray type slides for the bays. Most large generators that I have seen mounted on slides are mounted with the radiator facing the bay door. Exhaust, wiring, cables and fuel lines are made up in extra length so that when you pull the generator out for service you don't have to unhook anything. As said in the above post they are heavy (mine is about 100 lbs.)

Mike & Kathy Mingus
1967 Eagle 01 SE Manual 4 SP
VIN # 7080
Bishopville,SC

Mike & Kathy Mingus
1967 EAGLE MODEL 01 SE
4 Speed Manuel, 8V71
Ser. # 7080
Bishopville,SC
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »

My question, why to you want to be able to slide it out?  Mine doesn't slide out.  I can change the oil with no probem.  Never needed to slide it out.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »

I designed mine with the genset mounted on a 1" square tubing sled which fit into some angle iron brackets. Drilled holes through the brackets and sled skids, inserted four easy access bolts to hold it.

If you make it to slide out be sure to remember using enough fuel line and electrical lines (service loop) to allow moving it out without disconnecting everything.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »

We have a 20KW Kubota genset (EPS genset, if anybody cares). It did NOT go in easily. It is longer, then the door, so we had no way to mount slides on it. I would have loved to, because there is a belt and a few other things that will be really hard to change without backside access.

Otherwise, our genset is designed to be maintained from one side only. It is there, and all I have to do is change the oil.

FWIW

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: