Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
January 31, 2015, 02:04:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: painting steel wheels  (Read 2522 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »

Ok I tried the blue painters tape, won't stick.  Maybe Jack is on to something I wonder if it is the tire protectrant? I did scrub  the tires and wheel with soap and water befor I started. I did get the front tires painted useing a cardboard template.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Xenophon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »

I had a roll of 12" aluminum flashing. I cut a piece a few inches longer than the circumference of the wheel and then using duct tape made a circle exactly the circumference of the wheel.  It works great for spray painting the wheels; you can hold it in place with your leg and one hand and spray with the other hand.  I have kept it in my basement for 10 years and use it every couple of years.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »

blue tape is low take.....ment just to stick enough on the surface it was disigned to.

Use regular old masking tape.

I have probably painted 100 wheels like the method I posted earlier.

Have yet to get paint on a tire
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: