Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:50:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To MAK and our Moderators.....  (Read 2316 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »

First of all thanks to MAK for this great new Board and to our Moderators for the great job they do keeping it a cordial place to talk buses and Chat.

It looks like the Bus Garage (Chat Room) is going over quite well...I know because I'm probably one of the more constant users. And a lot of info is passed back and forth that would take a lot of time if it weren't for that option.

But, ( and you know there's always a 'but' after receiving glowing compliments) I have a query.  Many times I have seen individuals over on the Board that don't always drop in to the Chat Room, or don't open it in a second window (right click on Chat and left click on the first option on the drop down list) and I'd really like to ask them to come over to the Bus Garage to chat...my question is...can there be a way to 'page' them, or get their attention other than ringing the bell (which won't work unless they've done the second window) to ask them to come over?

Not the end of the world...and perhaps bothersome to some...but I felt it needed to be asked.

Thanks for your attention.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 01:20:16 PM »

That does not open a new window for me. My drop down box says OPEN. It does not say open in new window.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Ace

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »

Richard did youtry RIGHT clicking on the chat button? When i do it it comes upo with OPEN WITH NEW WINDOW along with other options!

Ace
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

OK, I found my problem. I had chat saved as a favorite and I was right clicking on that. If I right click on the Chat on this open board, then I get the open in new window drop down.
These damn dumb hillbilly rednecks!
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »

and thank God for 'em...

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:43:20 PM »

OK, now I have the window open, where is everybody, huh?
Richard

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 05:07:46 PM »

I type too slow to keep up with the current topic  Tongue

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 05:10:25 PM »

How do you know if you never sign in?
Richard

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 07:34:08 PM »

Richard

YO! You called...what's up Richard?  Wink
JR

BTW, as one that uses the chatroom on occasions, I cannot keep up with who's talking to whom...part of the problem is my incessant chattering...but still, that is the reason I rarely sign on in the chatroom.  The BB posts allow for more thought (sometimes  Roll Eyes) and clarity.   Another thingy is that often the computer is on the board, but I've wandered off on some errand for Terri.  I'm sure others that look as though they are signed on are off on "assignment."   How long will the board indicate a busnut as "active" when no activity is noted?   

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:36:49 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 07:44:11 PM »

OK, I give up, there is no where on my site that says bus garage or chat room,
what is the secret?
do I have an older version of the site book marked or what?
JimC

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 07:57:58 PM »

Hi Jim,

The "chat" button is the 6th button to the right of the "home" button.  Top of the page.

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »

Many times I have seen individuals over on the Board that don't always drop in to the Chat Room, or don't open it in a second window (right click on Chat and left click on the first option on the drop down list) and I'd really like to ask them to come over to the Bus Garage to chat...my question is...can there be a way to 'page' them, or get their attention other than ringing the bell (which won't work unless they've done the second window) to ask them to come over?
\\\
Thanks for your attention.

NCbob

Hi Bob,

No, there isn't a direct way to do this.  There are two indirect ways to do this.

1) You could send them a message via the BBS message system. However, if they don't check their messages, this doesn't do much good!  Maybe there's a mod for this, but I haven't seen it.
2) IF they have registered an Instant Messenger, then you could send them an IM.  This would be almost "real-time".  However, few members have listed their Instant Message identities.  So this would also have limited success.

Hope this helps,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »

OH,

Thank You Very Much Bob!

You Are one Moooo of a guy........

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 07:41:52 AM »

Sorry, I wanted you to sign up on the chat room. I really understand what you are talking about as it was really difficult to keep up with the different conversations.
Last night I had to run to town and pick up my daughter.  I forgot to sign out and when I got back I was still signed in. Took a while to catch up with everything that had been said though.

Regarding typing skills, I purchased a typing tutor CD a few years ago and with an hours practice every day for a while my typing skills significantly improved. To me it was worth the effort.
Richard

Richard

YO! You called...what's up Richard?  Wink
JR

BTW, as one that uses the chatroom on occasions, I cannot keep up with who's talking to whom...part of the problem is my incessant chattering...but still, that is the reason I rarely sign on in the chatroom.  The BB posts allow for more thought (sometimes  Roll Eyes) and clarity.   Another thingy is that often the computer is on the board, but I've wandered off on some errand for Terri.  I'm sure others that look as though they are signed on are off on "assignment."   How long will the board indicate a busnut as "active" when no activity is noted?   

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

How do you know if you never sign in?
Richard

I did one night & had fun with Dallas & NCbob & a few others. Other than typing too slow, I spent WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much time there. The rest of my family didn't like that.  Cry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: