Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 12:37:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To MAK and our Moderators.....  (Read 2360 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »

An hour in the Chat Room both in the morning and again at night sets me into a mood that I can actually associate with people I don't like for the whole day! Grin

Yes, there's a lot of tech stuff that goes on...but as a general rule it's just great comradrie! Roll Eyes

For those of you who haven't yet tried it...c'mon in...the waters' fine and no one judges you by your ability or inability to type! Wink

Sure, it can get hectic...but just sit on the side and as the Ham Radio Operators say, just 'read the mail' until you get a feel for what's going on.

Those of us who are regulars sense when someone is being 'over, or underwhelmed' and will usually send a PM (Privete Message) to that individual and calm them or try to draw them back into the general conversation.

We can exchange files, or pics and a lot more..but you won't know what a great thing MAK and the guys have done for us unless you drop in and experience it for yourself...first hand.

A word of caution...don't be surprised if you're asked for your first name if your user name is "Supercallifragalisticexpialidocious" because we're real casual and like to know each other on a first name basis...not required...but helpful. Wink

Come one, come all...it's a great experience and y'all are welcome! Grin

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »

I was going to comment on the 7 users last night. What is the record?

Bill

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 04:15:27 AM »

I agree that it would be nice to be able to reach over and  poke someone and invite them to the chat room.  I love being able to stop in and re-connect with everyone for even a few minutes. 

Due to business demands, I just haven't had much time to be online lately, but when I do jump on, I try to stop in and say hi.  It's a good way to make sure people don't forget me, ha ha.  It means a lot to me to be able to connect with you guys, even if it's just for a few minutes here and there. Sure, sometimes it can be hard to know who's speaking to whom, but it's worth the extra effort because there sure are some quick and witty individuals in the chat room and I pretty much have a big grin on my face the whole time I'm in there.  Just my opinion, of course, ha ha.  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 04:43:59 AM »

Bill, As far as I remember, the most we've ever had in the CR is 16.

That was shortly after it first started.

Dallas

I was going to comment on the 7 users last night. What is the record?

Bill
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: