Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 04:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two more small projects completed  (Read 392 times)
Iceni John

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »

I've just finished installing two of these cheap-but-OK air line fog lubricators for my Sprague HP-200 wiper motors:  http://www.harborfreight.com/14-micro-fog-lubricator-68227.html   They're decent quality, especially for less than $10 each, and they work as well as a $60 Norgren lubricator I also have.   I put each one next to the wiper motor, with a few inches of clear plastic tubing to the motor  -  this allows me to see exactly how much oil is going through.   The wipers now work smoother than before, and hopefully will last longer before needing to be rebuilt.

Another project I'm finishing right now is adding a Stewart-Warner dual air pressure gauge to my instruments.   Fortunately Crown left two knock-outs in the gauge panel for two extra gauges, so I didn't even have to get out my hole saw!   This new gauge will be for brake force application pressure;  it was an option from the factory, but my bus never had one.   I've run 1/4" DOT air tubing from the spare 3/8" ports on my E-6 treadle valve, along with all the correct DOT fittings.   I hope this gauge will tell me if there's a leak or problem with either brake circuit, plus it will also show if my brakes are beginning to fade.

Both these little projects are time-fillers, while I wait for American RV to get my toilet and valves.   I've ordered a Dometic 310 loo and four of the cable-operated Valterra valves, but without actually having them I don't know exactly where Ronco will need to spin-weld the fittings into my gray and poo tanks.   Hopefully I'll get them in the next few days, then I can finish installing my waste tanks.   Have crapper, will travel.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: