Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:19:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small but significant-  (Read 855 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »

Hello Bus friends-

Just a quick note of progress-

I was able to get Luray backed up and off the chocks once more, but this time, I “drove” her in 1st gear and tried the foot-brakes- which seemed to work good (!). (She sounds like a cross between an aeroplane and a heavy farm tractor—even shoots flames out the exhaust! Shocked)

I’ll have more once I have the accelerator linkage and cable squared away (I’m working on it-).

I’ll get my addy out to you Bob, and JR, as soon as she’s back on solid ground- Smiley

She’s kind of stranded in my front yard right now, as the grass (it was raining) was soft and she started to just spin her tires. Roll Eyes Embarrassed

Once it clears (and dries) up, I’ll get her back to her personal winter spot and have some more pics to share- Smiley

(Including pics of the wig-wag for you, JR & Bus Warrior-) Wink

Cheers,
Barry-

Mind the Gap!
WVObus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »

Barry, how old is that bus?  I havn't seen a wig-wag for 50 years or more!
John
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 07:06:44 AM »

Hello John-

And I would think a belated “Welcome to the board” is in order!

Thank you for the inquiry. My Brill coach is just 60 years young-
(I believe this gives me the members* notorious title of earliest bus on this board)

Funny things about wig-wags:
Some time before getting this bus, I’d lost the perfect chance to get a beautiful 54’ Crown, which also had a wig-wag—but that arm actually “wigged” and “wagged” when the air press. was low.

My Brill only “waggs” once—then folds up once the pressure is up—this may not qualify since no “wigging” is involved.

The Crown was lost because the wife said “we didn’t need it”, and this was before we owned any bus—what was SHE thinking??
(Surprisingly, we still stayed together-)

Anyway…welcome aboard!

Cheers-
Barry

* I am a “full” mem’ now …

Mind the Gap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: