Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
August 18, 2017, 09:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toad sprayed in oil  (Read 471 times)
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 06:58:30 AM »

I love my whiskers.  They keep all manner of crap off my Toad.  Of course my bus is front engine etc. so no worries about the DD cooling issues.  Ha!  But then there is the fact that my entire living space is only 9' long-------

This thing is SWEET!!!!!!! What kind is it?? From what I can tell ,it look's like a Chevy..

Rhet Raby           137 Elk Mtn Rd       Asheville N c 28804             1993 Prevost XL
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 09:05:29 AM »

Thanks Big Red.  Yup it s a '35 Chevy with a Chevy badged Isuzu turbo diesel for running gear.  It is a little tight even for two but it has a high fun factor to make up for it!

Jack
neoneddy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »

Just had mine out for the first time with a toad and we got out the dawn dish soap to clean it off.. didn't take long.

But now these blower seals?.. like for the turbo?   Where are these seals you speak of?  How can inspect them, how do you go about replacing them?  So many questions.

First time bus owner, long time bus lover  - 1982 MCI MC9 6V92 - Currently gutted working on the build.  Video Build Log
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 08:01:08 PM »

Just had mine out for the first time with a toad and we got out the dawn dish soap to clean it off.. didn't take long.

But now these blower seals?.. like for the turbo?   Where are these seals you speak of?  How can inspect them, how do you go about replacing them?  So many questions.

Blower seals. They had it scattered. Turbo's have seals also. Could be several things I guess. Rings. I didn't know and was smart enough not to try to work on it myself. They pulled air box drain plates and checked for ring leakage and after all the checks found blower area underneath wet, soaked from oil. My 8V92TA only has 86,000 miles on the puppy. They fixed seals, set the rack and checked governor and it did run better coming back to bus barn when I picked it up a few weeks back. Back to no leaky oil, nowhere. There's a post on my troubles from a few months back with all the info.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: