Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
February 19, 2018, 06:18:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI 5 Cargo Door Shocks  (Read 179 times)
Lifes2short4nofun

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »

I am not sure if my shocks are suppose to lift my cargo doors and also be able to hold them open?   Currently they assist a little (possibly) and I use the pen to hold them open.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:42:16 PM by Lifes2short4nofun » Logged

1972 MCI 5B
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »

They are supposed to help you lift them, and the pin is to hold them open. They are spring loaded, only found on 5Bs as far as i know. I had one on my 5A and looked for years to find 3 more but only found parts for a couple of them.  I loved mine, thought that it was the best setup for the bay doors.  Had some gas struts on the other doors and they would wear out, tweak the door if they were too strong, not hold it up if they were too weak, kind of a pain in the @$# as far as i was concerned......or a pain in the head if they came down on you.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Lifes2short4nofun

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »

Thanks a lot I appreciate it, I thought the pins were something the previous owner did instead of fixing or replacing the shocks.

1972 MCI 5B
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: