Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Being threatened by city of Matthews, NC  (Read 5537 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:44 PM »

Give the code enforcement guy a little slack.  On a NC title the type of vehicle is listed as "HC".  He may not understand that stands for Housecar, ie. motorhome.  If you hear from him I would ask him how to contact his supervisor and his supervisor's supervisor.  He may not know what "HC" means.  But on the other hand he may have checked out what you told him and has gone away.  I hope so.

Art

You must not have read my last post.  He's off my case about the bus, but is now on me about my box truck.  And he was just being a jerk, taking pictures of my lawn.  My neighbor cuts it every week but I guess he got a little behind when the city man came out. 

I have been nice to the code enforcement guy and have made several follow up phone calls and emails to make sure everything was okay.  I think the problem now is that I am on his radar, like a fish on a line, I have his full and unwanted attention. 

I don't like the selective enforcement going on.  Yes, I have one box truck that I have been informed I cannot keep at my house because it is a commercial vehicle.  But my next door neighbor has a dump truck, an unregistered junk van, two or three commercial trailers with landscaping equipment, a half built building, tires, etc. all over his property, but they leave him alone.   

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

Cities love it when you move. The next guy that buys your house pays more taxes and buy new stuff for the house at local stores to make your house their own. So selling a house and having a new owner is a win win for the city. they like turnover. Cool

The property taxes don't change here in Minnesota when a house is sold.  In today's housing market the property taxes may actually go down if the house sells for less than the assessed value and the new owner challenges the assessed value.

In some states yep that's true Brian, but in California right now because there are so many foreclosures going to investors over seas ( England ,the brits and Aussies) they are not dropping the prices or taxes as much. Here you can refinance with out it going up but if you sell the next guys taxes goes up as per estimated cost also but if the house is say paid off then the taxes haven't gone up for say 15 years, Save, a very small cost of living (which has never kept up) then yep he gets a big tax bill or each payment 2 times a years goes way up. There were a lot of people still in their homes trying to get a reduction because the worth of their homes have dropped in at least half and some more. The state ignored their requests. Some got lucky and got some reduction but not much. We have big cities going bankrupt here now so they are making money anyway they can. Sad

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 05:09:08 AM »

In some states yep that's true Brian, but in California right now because there are so many foreclosures going to investors over seas ( England ,the brits and Aussies) they are not dropping the prices or taxes as much. Here you can refinance with out it going up but if you sell the next guys taxes goes up as per estimated cost also but if the house is say paid off then the taxes haven't gone up for say 15 years, Save, a very small cost of living (which has never kept up) then yep he gets a big tax bill or each payment 2 times a years goes way up. There were a lot of people still in their homes trying to get a reduction because the worth of their homes have dropped in at least half and some more. The state ignored their requests. Some got lucky and got some reduction but not much. We have big cities going bankrupt here now so they are making money anyway they can. Sad

California is different because property taxes can't be adjusted to the true value of the home until the home is sold.  In Minnesota the assessed value of the home for tax purposes is supposed to reflect the market value.  In Minnesota if a home is sold for less than assessed value the assessor really has no choice but to change the assessed value if the assessment is challenged.

I bought my home for $30,000 less than assessed value in 2000.  I was able to get the assessment dropped no problem.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: