Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 06:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Placing a larger driver's seat in MCI 102A3  (Read 817 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:40:14 AM »

I am wanting to put a wider driver's seat in the bus (MCI 102A3).  The old set up was the rollbar-like mount on the bottom to the right.  My problem would be the transmission shifter and air brake release is in this area.  Can I take to mount off and move over the other parts?? 

Any ideas?

As always thanks!!!

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:52:54 AM »

I thought about moving everything to the left side but upon inspection, it will be alot of work to move the shift cable unless you switch to electric or air, You can move the brake release anywhere you would like to put it by extending the lines.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »

Danny I agree with Bruce but, you could build a small tower to mount the shifter too close to where it is now. As for the brake release as Bruce said it can be moved easily! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
littlehouse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »

Danny you could build two 'L' brackets under the floor and put a 1/2" pipe with two 3" long peices
welded to it[facing down]. Hook the gable to one side and a rod to the other side; and move your
shifter tower to the other side of your seat.
Just an idea.
Ray with the littlehouse 

I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: