Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 02:22:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 60 & Allison 4060 tranny  (Read 3358 times)
benneu

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »

Thank you Brian.  I send you an email.
Ben
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »

my 8V92 is DDECIII with an HD 4060 and runs 6Th gear. It will down shift one or more gears depending on the conditions when I apply the Jake's. I have had too hit the throttle and or turn off the Jake's a few times because it will overspeed the engine if I am to aggressive on the brakes when decending a hill. My Chevy will do the same thing, it will down shift more then gear if I stay on the brakes to long when in trailer towing mode.

Don
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 06:05:21 AM »

You can program the transmission to down shift to 2nd or 4th on Jake Brake.  Personally-I like all that turned off so I can control the down shifting since many times you just want a bit of Jake.  Besides-how hard is it to down shift an automatic transmission-either pushing a button or sliding a shifter?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »

I had my tcm programmed to my engine by TKT Transmission. He is an Allison guru I have been told. On the WTEC IV all communication is done using a twisted pair and protocol J1939. I do know that this is available only wtec IV and above. Whit the wtec III down separate wires have to be run between engine, and transmission for some functions. No other wires connect between my engine. and transmission. It down shifts one gear when jake is applied. I would like to have more control over that but on the other hand it slows much quicker with the shift.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: