Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: paint removal  (Read 747 times)
lloyd

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:28:31 PM »

I've just bought a 1965 MCI 5 and am going to do a conversion (now the work starts). The last owner had painted the sides above the storage bays and was wanting to remove this paint and get back to the shinny stainless steel sides. Does anyone know how to remove the paint without wrecking the sides? Also I was looking at raising the roof, does anyone know where in Canada I can buy the front and rear caps? I live in BC.
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »

I think your closest place to get caps is R&M in Oregon. There may be a reason the side panels are painted. If they are damaged they can be patched and painted. If not dmaged they were likely scuff sanded before painting and might take a lot of buffing to get a shine back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: