Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 05:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jersey's over  (Read 568 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:55:48 AM »

This post was started, but never finished, a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to go ahead and send it and I'll post again with more details soon.

Cry Cry  Well, the sad parting is over and all are on their way back home after yet another successful roundup.  We had to laugh when the new campground owners asked the first attendees, the Gilberts, where the horses were!  Huh Seems that they took the term "round-up" seriously and thought we were all bringing horse trailers too, ha ha. What made it even funnier was that there wasn't a single New Jersey Transit bus in the group, so I'm sure they think we're all from New Jersey or something!  Wink After a few years of this roundup, there has been serious talk to rename the gathering to something a bit more appropriate, such as the Misfit Roundup or the Mid-state Misfit Roundup, ha ha.  We'll see. . .maybe by this time next year we'll have a consensus on what to call it.  If you spend enough time with some of those crazy guys you'll know why I'm leaning towards "misfits", lol!   Those "Double-eagle" Gilberts. . .well, you've just got to give their wives a hug in sympathy, what a duo!  It sure was nice to Richard and Sam and Carol again too. . . it's amazing how you feel like old friends even though you met them only a rally ago! 

We did have eleven coaches, and a couple of drop-ins who weren't able to bring a coach this time around.  Unfortunately, we had a couple of last minute cancellations due to unexpected changes, and we missed seeing some of those guys, but maybe next year, life won't interfere quite so much and you'll be able to join us! We appreciated the fact that Steve Sala flew all the way from Florida (without his bus) just to participate. . .what a guy, and thanks to the Mikesells for taking the time to drive down and meet us!  Of course, we'll be expecting their coach next year for sure!   

One of the biggest surprises for us, maybe not so much a surprise as we were just really impressed. .. . it was Ralph and Jeannies RTS.  Talk about a beautiful and quality conversion, with some really unique ideas.  Then there was the teeny, tiny Irene Mobley who didn't hesitate to drive their big rig. . .even though she barely came up to the headlights when she stood next to it, ha ha.  We enjoyed the young-uns who came with the Dunigans and Clements, and of course, they enjoyed themselves too. 

Yes, we're already planning next year. . that was a promise we made, that they'd all be able to come back again.  Maybe by then, Dean and Pam will have their own bus! Poor thing, she's got the disease so bad that she hitched a ride with each bus, riding out to the gate and then hiking back just to jump in the next one and ride out with them again.  Just think, when they left, she had to climb in that fancy motorhome of theirs and ride all the way home in it instead of one of these nice, big busses.  Poor thing, but, well, anyone who looks as young and pretty as she does deserves at least a little misery in their life, ha ha.  Just kidding Pam! 

Phil & Joyce, well, poor things they didn't have a bus, were forced to live in that monstrosity of a fancy, schmantzy motorcoach of theirs. . .can't imagine how they cram themselves into that 14' wide living room and massive master bedroom!  Uh huh. . . reeeeeaaaaaaly feel for them! Roll Eyes

I'll post again soon, with pics of the rigs and people, just as soon as I get a chance.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: