Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 24, 2017, 02:04:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regional Bus Pit Registry?  (Read 1283 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

A question today regarding replacing an air tank got me thinking.  Is there any way we could start a registry on available bus bits for hourly rental. I am thinking that there may be many pits that are not in service or irregularly used that the owner may be interested in renting. I know that I have wished for many years that I had access to a pit to repair air leaks, valves, tanks......

Just wondering if a registry would be feasible?

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »

Sounds good to me.  Unfortunately, insurance requirements have caused my shops to fill in their pits over the past few years.  A shame, but true.  They're becoming hard to find.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »

Bus pits are going away because they have to be treated as confined space, and then everyone who uses them has to have special training.  The pits need to have venting, etc.  They are also prone to water intrusion if not built right.

BUT---What I thought  I saw in the title was Regional Bus MONEY Pit Registry!!!

I was going to respond that mine qualifies!!!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

That is what I thought might be the case. So, how about a bus lift registry? I sure would like to get access to a lift for a weekend or holiday so I could do some of the work myself. I think I will talk to the local fire department mechanics and see if they have some ideas.

Thanks

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:07:24 AM »

it would be nice to have a USA MAP posted with not only bus lifts, but locations of people who have busses, and locations of people who will help others.  Not a list, but dots on the usa map.   that way, people could easily look and see where they are and who is close, or which lift, etc is close...
course it would take some bus nut to update the map at least once a week or more often... and the other nuts would have to post to that moderator when they move... but could be done. 

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:49:19 AM »

I would agree with chev49 And I would be willing to do it if someone supplied the list... We could make it part of this board through google maps... I'll do the map portion if someone supplies a list  Grin
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »

What would a fair price be to rent out a pit? I'm in the process of building one now. It will be complete with floor drains and ventilation.

Sent from my DROIDX

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: