Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:16:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a SOB and embarrassed to own a Prevost  (Read 3276 times)
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Eagles International folks for inviting us and making a "Some Other Band" owner and his wife fell very welcome at their rally in Nashville. I saw some amazing, beautiful coaches and meet some of most legendary and nicest people in the bus world.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ken
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:57:05 PM by Hard Headed Ken » Logged

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Ken don't be hard on yourself I know some Eagle owners that hide their Prevost lol hope you got to meet my hero Sonnie love that guy not for the abilities he has but the person he is, the best IMO 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Hard Headed Ken

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 05:06:08 AM »

Ken don't be hard on yourself I know some Eagle owners that hide their Prevost lol hope you got to meet my hero Sonnie love that guy not for the abilities he has but the person he is, the best IMO 

good luck

I did meet Sonnie and we talked about his current project. I look forward to getting to know him and all the folks that were there better.

Ken

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »

Ken, it was good to talk to you yesterday.  I am glad that you enjoyed the "crazy" Eagle folks Grin Grin Grin

Given your skills with DDEC software, I suspect that some of the Eagle folks were glad you were there Cheesy  I have not talked to Wayne yet, but I know he was looking forward to spending some time with you.

I hope you can make it to the Eagle Branson rally so that we can have a more leisurely visit (pretty hectic at the BCM rally).

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »

Ken   Did they make you park over in the corner. That's where I had to park at Myrtle Beach last year.

Still a great bunch,especially that guy "WAYNE" with a big fish on his eagle.Hate that I could not come.

Even Tom has left the eagle bunch and has a PREVO.

uncle Ned

a busnut is a good busnut

have to drink all this spring water by myself

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Hard Headed Ken

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »

Ken   Did they make you park over in the corner. That's where I had to park at Myrtle Beach last year.

Still a great bunch,especially that guy "WAYNE" with a big fish on his eagle.Hate that I could not come.

uncle Ned

Ned,
They made me park in back next to the back up beeper test company that runs 3 shifts 7 days a week and I had to wear a paper bag over my head during daylight hours. The paper bag thing was not too unusual except that the request came from someone besides my wife.

Ken

muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »

That paper bag thing might have been, not to upset the eagle owners and make them feel self-conscious cause the prevost folks are so good looking!
Hard Headed Ken

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

uncle Ned

Ned,
They made me park in back next to the back up beeper test company that runs 3 shifts 7 days a week and I had to wear a paper bag over my head during daylight hours. The paper bag thing was not too unusual except that the request came from someone besides my wife.

Ken

I just want be sure that everyone understands thatís my attempt at humor. I parked just across from Sonnie and down from Tony. No beeper test company, no paper bag requests.

I agree with Ned, Bus nuts are good folk.

Ken 

fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

No offence taken, we were parked with the Eagles at Indio last January, what a great bunch and excellent chefs also. A first class group. Then we went to Quarzite and joined up with the GM owners, another great bunch. I'm think the rivalry is good for the soul and keeps the mind active also. I can't find where the Prevost owners boon dock or do they??

(Joke,,please,, I own a Prevost)

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »

Old man told me years ago at a RV spot, Prevost owners park close in enough so they will deliver champagne to um.  I was in my HR Gasser. He was driving a good looking Bluebird. We both had a good laugh.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »

:'(Bob Cry Cry
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:05:55 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »

Just a few Fraser will you see dry camping in Prevost most of those owners are married to power poles in Quartzsitel they will drop in as you saw at the rally and run the generators 20 hrs a day lol that is why we park those in back.

We do let Bob Evans and Wilbur park on the front row did you notice where they stuck Wes in his H=45 he was married to the power pole over in the corner

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »

My previous post was  I'm sorry I missed it....... I'm close by  165 miles.....  My back is shot! on 17th doing back reconstruction.  will be down till November.  I know Ken needed help with that bunch!  Great guys!  Next year will be ready to go and fresh and 18 again.. well ready to go.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »

Ken, Thank You and your wife for coming to the rally. I enjoyed very much our conversation I just wish we had more time. I am still trying to remember all that you showed me. You and all Prevost ( and any other SOB) are welcome at our rallies. You might get the plastic Eagle treatment so don't be surprised.

Wayne
Hard Headed Ken

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »

When I first switched teams from my 4104 GMC I caught all kinds of grief from my friend Pat Mc. He said you'll get some shinny patent leather shoes and you'll never be the same. He's the one always tied to a pole at bike week in Daytona and I'm dry camped in the gravel. My bus has enough solar panels to generate 7 amps at 24 volts on a sunny day, it does OK in a parking lot. My bus and I fit in best with a group of folks that have dirt / grease under the finger nails or just spent several minutes digging it out (or not) before a bologna sandwich and some chips.

After lurking on the Eagles Board I have a question for my Eagle friends. How many feet of 1 1/2" tubing would I need to buy before I could join the Eagles forum?? (That's supposed be funny, you know LOL)

Ken   

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: