Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 07:03:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Towel warmer/dryer  (Read 873 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »

Somebody mentioned on a recent post about the towel warmer/dryer being a “rich mans toy” or something to that effect. I can not find the post so I decided to start a new one.

First I am not a rich man and never have been one, but the dryer/warmer I had in DML was one of the nicest features she had. Everybody that visited her always was very complimentary about the dryer.

It was a floor to ceiling closet about 15 inches wide and about six inches deep with a full door. Inside were four towel racks, one above the other, to hang folded towels on. Wish I had made a drawing of the bath as well as the rest of the bus.

I have to admit (blush) that I generally use the same bath towel more than one time and the convenience of having a place to hang a wet towel out of sight to dry, as well as the ability to have a nice warm towel when I finished my shower, was great.

Mounted at floor level was an electric toe kick heater blowing upward with a two inch vent thru the roof. Inside the closet was a thermostat as well as a blower control switch for high, low and off.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:32:20 PM »

That sounds like a pretty nice feature.  Cool

That is probably one of the greatest things about doing a bus conversion -  you can build in the features that you want.  I think that all who grasp the opportunity to do this are rich.  Not necessarily monetarily but in the satisfaction and enjoyment that comes from building your bus the way you want it.  From that perspective, all busnuts are rich men and women.  So the next time anyone calls any part of your bus a "rich man's toy", just tell them "You betcha!"
Ace

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »

already there talking about some towel warmer or something!

Ace
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

Once again, the ingenuity of busnuts astounds and tickles me. Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: