Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 06:12:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my "older" friends: What can you do with a bus?  (Read 856 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

As most of you know, we are Park Attendants this summer, at Lillydale Campground in Allons, TN on the KY line.  Voted on as one of the top 10 most Beautiful parks in the US.  Who knew?

Anyway, I just wanted to point something out that we are seeing.  People over 62 are entitled to buy a Senior Access pass which costs $10.  For life-you never have to buy another, unless you lose it.  You can also get the same thing if you are handicapped physically (owning a bus is not proof of mental deficiency).  Lots of people don't seem to know this is available.

The Senior (or handicapped) pass gets you half price at almost all Federal parks, recreations, entrance and camping fees.  Here at Lillydale, that's $12 rather than the already cheap $24, per night.  That's for a really scenic, flat, clean, well designed, roomy site made of tightly packed gravel, with water, electric, picnic table, grill and fire pit.  And most parks are this nice, if not this scenic.

My point is this.  Most of us are above the age to get discounts and go to rallys.  Why not take advantage more with these scenic and inexpensive parks.  Something to think about.  But do get your pass and make use of it somewhere.

oh, and by the way, Come visit us!

Disclaimer: This post does nothing but relieve my boredom and help my friends.  We don't get rich if you visit a park.  Smiley

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:18:06 AM »

Tom sounds like you should start an "old farts" rally wherever to are camp host @ the time. Shoot you an Fran could end up having quite a "following"! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »

Grin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:35:57 AM by jjrbus » Logged

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »

All these seniors looking for freebe's and entitlements Huh

Substitute "earned" for freebe's.  Remember, i'm paying the Fed's to allow me to view MY federal park lands that i helped pay to get and to develop.  When you have paid your 44 (That's 62-18 for those of you wondering  Cheesy ) year share of the mortgage and upkeep on these lands, you can get your half price pass also.   Wink

And also, I'm not as old as my "older" friends, so I don't have mine yet.  Since we are not retired, not a big deal.  Yet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:57:23 AM by white-eagle » Logged

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
dougyes

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

Those under 62 really need to claim Bus Nut Syndrome is a disability to qualify for a discount. Any shrink will certify you as disabled when you tell him how much time and money you sunk into your rolling antique.
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »

White eagle

As soon as BK decides the dates for his and Don's rally I will be by to check on you.

The last BK rally took me 5 days to get across Kentucky. I use the roads less traveled.

Some times i even get lost and have to backtrack.

First stop will be at Cumberland gap state park. beautiful place.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: