Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:23:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ten year rule in LA  (Read 1970 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »

Haven't anyone seen the sign "We have the Right to REFUSE service"??

If you own the property, you have the right to select the entrance RULES and CHANGE it at anytime.   When has this changed?    How is this shades of segregation?   If you think that this is bad, go and drive your bus to a Golf Country Club and demand a tee time!   What is the difference between this and entrance requirements to get into Harvard or MIT???    What happened to the person that says  I flunked 10th and 11th grade but I demand the right to go to Stanford.

Where is the right of the property owner?   It's his money paying for everything.   If Clifford decides to purchase a RV park,  I bet you $10 that he will have Park Rules and Guidelines.   It's not going to be riffraft for everyone.   I tell you what,  can you imagine parking right next door to his RV and pulling out a 10KW 2 cylinder air cooled 3600 RPM gas construction genset and running it 24/7..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:15:36 PM by Zeroclearance » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »

Rules and regulations are put in place to keep the park clean and maintained the few idiots that have the attitude it doesn't belong to me so why care is the main reason for the rules.

I was a partner in a KOA at Payson AZ till we sold it off never again for me I don't do good with the public lol 1 month out of the year was all I could handle at a time.

I love my Canadian friends but some are jerks same with the American's the best we had were the Germans visitors we had a family the kids tore up a bunch of stuff we had no idea who did the damage 

The next day mom and dad came into the office with the kids and told us they did it, gave us a phone number to call I never knew till that day the German Gov has insurance on their citizens to pay for damage if they cause it while visiting another country fwiw they did pay in a timely matter along with a nice letter apologizing for the incident   

Life is short drink the good wine first
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

Clifford you didn't mention Line 5 of the Rule that say NO air cooled Gensets >>  I say this is good humor!!

All of us have had entrance rules to abide with.   I have a nice bus.   My wife made reservations at one park up NORTH.   We drove and arrived later in the day, I was tired.   They asked who was in the bus.   Then they said, aren't allowing you to check in..   I asked why, the woman pointed to the sign on the door.   No pets allowed, we will refuse check in..   I told her that my family indoors dog will stay in the coach.   She said that was the worst thing to happen.   She went on to say, that the dog would bark when we left the coach.   This would disrupt your neighbors.   I was NOT happy.   What can you do..   
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »

Take you up on that offer, Clifford.  Maybe my chocolate will still be good by then, lol.  Is it OK if I show up in a 65 year old bus?

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »

The chocolate is long gone Mark lol the granddaughter thanks you I had a few bites along the way also was some good stuff

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

I worked for two weeks every year for years at a seasonal RV parking area with a no pets rule.  It was a difficult rule to enforce.  Some people refused to leave if we caught them with a pet.  We had a giant no pets sign at the front gate.  This was at a fairgrounds that had its own police force so we had the police remove them if campers refused to leave.

The entire fairgrounds has a no pets rule so I guess someone decided the camping areas have to be pet free too.  This causes real issue for full timers.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »

Zeroclearance, I am thinking less tee-time, more refusal to let people of color stay in a hotel. That happened not just in the South but in Las Vegas in the 1950s/60's. Those were the customs of the times and the area, didn't Make it right. Segregation by economics has been around as long as any other kind, doesn't make it right. Its a lot easier to run a hotel where you can only valet park, very few municipalities will allow that and it doesn't make it right. Businessmen would come up with a better idea and would make a fortune for a very targeted customer, but when you deal with the general public, the rules have been defined for a while, just because there has been a Renaissance of the robber baron business type, doesn't make it right, lvmci

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »

And the "very targeted customer" is who?   In two years I wouldn't be able abide by the 10 year rule.   It's your choice.  The owner of the property has a right to run his business the way he wants.  This is like going out for pizza and saying that you need and want sushi.   

What happens if the RV park owner can't make ends meet with this economy?   What if he has to cater to the higher end newer RV's, and has to charge more money for each slip?   How many threads have been started about residential area bylaws restricting RV's and your bus?  The local government is restricting what can be parked on your own property.   What about cities that restrict parking at Walmart, or any other strip mall or "xyz" to protect the tourist trap and RV parks?

In the end, you have a choice.    Drive to a RV park that will take your money.   
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »

zeroclearance, If a businessman wants to target a demographic by by charging $200 a night for an upscale resort, that's the market way. If he finds a need and he can promote it properly he'll be successful. If someone comes to So. Cal. with a rare and beautiful MCI 6 and wants to stay at that resort and it's not a private club that you have to join to stay there and its open to the general public and he wants to pay such exorbitant prices he should be able to do that as long as it's legal to do so. If the RV park owner chooses to segregate economically from other parks in the area and the market won't handle it then he will not get customers, whatever the market will bare, is the saying. Catering to the high end is economically feasible. Here's the issue, in all of Los Angeles County there is only a handfull or so of RV parks in the LA basin, the rest are in outlying areas between 35 and 65 miles from downtown or Hollywood. There are a few more in Orange, San Bernadino ( including a high end resort ), Ventura and Riverside County's, all 50 to 75 miles from Hollywood. Through growth and zoning, RVer's are left with this handfull of choices, reservations, weather and the freeways not even entering into the equation yet. Now comes a group of business owners who collectively decide they are going to blanketly choose to to restrict who they will allow in their parks. These kind of business agreements are actually against the law. These are former trailer parks from decades ago, that have not updated or upgraded, they have charged the higher rates, because that's what the market will bare. But they want more. They want to change the demographic of their trailer parks while not investing in change to attract higher end customers, by picking and choosing customers in an illegal way.There are 1970's/80's motorhome and trailers in these parks. If they wanted to take their profit and sell to developers they could have done that, but they wanted to stay open to the public. Yes I have taken my money elsewhere for the last 4 years. lvmci
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:20:41 PM by lvmci » Logged

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »

If anybody gets pissed because of the picture requirement here is the perfect one to send (found in the H.A.M.B. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7210271@N08/7233962530/#
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:05:29 AM by pipopak » Logged

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: