Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 12:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wobbly sides!  (Read 642 times)
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »

So we took care of the mold issue insulated the crap out of her and started wiring when I discovered something interesting... The PO removed all 3 drivers rub rails! The outer wall I can push in like an S&S!! Ahhh! Now I'm familiar with plain ol rivets but what are the monsters holding this baby together and can I just drill out the old spots to put the skin back on the ribs? If so what is the best fastener ?

Thanks

Eric
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »

i think you will find that some rows of rivits are structural and some rows just hold the rub rail on.  for sure you want to rerivet the ones to the upright ribs, and those connecting 2 panels, etc together with steel rivets.. and if you have holes where the rub rail was attached to the skin only, you could mig weld those spots, or just put rivets in the holes...

just my wild idea..

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
dougyes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »

Would gluing with Sikaflex work? New buses are all glued together with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: