Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby's getting a face lift  (Read 2635 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »

Tomorrow, my coach goes in for a paint job.  Cheesy   Going from blue to Arctic White (Corvette White).   A little roof repair and new roof coat. $2000.00    Around June 21st when I get home to Florida, it's getting a complete buffing $1000.00.
New set of front rubber, price depends on what deal I can find in Lakeland/Tampa area.    Huh

Grin

Bill
This bus is forsale!

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Before and after pics would be drooling fodder

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »

Tomorrow, my coach goes in for a paint job.  Cheesy   Going from blue to Arctic White (Corvette White).   A little roof repair and new roof coat. $2000.00    Around June 21st when I get home to Florida, it's getting a complete buffing $1000.00.
New set of front rubber, price depends on what deal I can find in Lakeland/Tampa area.    Huh

Grin

Bill
This bus is forsale!

Hey Bill .... "A two-thousand dollar paint job?"  Man, that is a hoot.  Good luck on this.  I too want to see pictures of that.  

Do you mean that they are going to shoot the roof only and not the entire bus, is that what you are talking about here, a roof job?

By the way, if it is quality work and a good paint job, it requires no rub out or buffing.   

BCO
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:03:28 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:08:28 AM »

Hi Bill,

Just curious, if you are selling the bus, why would you spend $3000 to have it painted? Will you get any return on that investment?

Good luck, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »

Not sure why BCO is laughing...$2000 to repaint the roof and $1000 to polish-up the rest of the bus seems clear and reasonable. I'm sure it will look much better as a result - whether it'll be worth $3000 more I couldn't say

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »

You cannot even get a $2000 paint job in Mexico,Bill got a bargain for the paint job ( maybe) a 1000 bucks for polishing the S/S is a little steep

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »

I believe what Bill is saying is he's getting the whole bus painted, and the roof re-coated, and the stainless polished!

Remember this is a "9" and has the lower 1/2 in stainless.

I can't say he'll get a "Starjet" quality paint job for $2000, but it's possible he'll get a reasonable basic paint job for $2000.

I've seen worse for more and better for le$$!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »

2000 sounds ok for a Star Jet paint job I saw a few 2000 would be overpriced lol  the basic 1 color paint jobs here cost around 4 grand cheapest I found just for plain 1 coat enamel paint not a bad price he got

good luck

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »

t
I can't say he'll get a "Starjet" quality paint job for $2000, but it's possible he'll get a reasonable basic paint job for $2000.

I hope he gets WAY better then "Starjet" quality. If you want to see Starjet quality, look at our bus. The paint job on it is horrible. Not to mention they messed everything else they touched on the bus. I would never recommend Starjet, and have talked to quite a few other folks in the bus industry, and we found out few others do recommend them.

I do know they are capable of quality work. They did Nick's coach, and I think he was happy (my guess is they did a good job with his, so he would send others from the board, their way....just a hunch). What I do know is they did a really bad job to our bus (and yes, it is all documented).

Beware.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »

It seems everyone is interpreting the original post in different ways; to me it clearly says that the roof is having a repair and being painted for $2k, and the rest of the bus is being polished for $1k.

But possibly the whole bus is being painted - the "blue to white" comment suggests that, but that could equally apply to just the roof. Either way I'm sure the $2k price just relates to the roof.

No doubt Bill himself will log-on soon and wonder about all the speculation.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »

My 5C has a Starjet paint job from 1987. Judging by how good it still looks, it was  high quality work.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

My 5C has a Starjet paint job from 1987. Judging by how good it still looks, it was  high quality work.

JC

Then they probably used to do good work. I would be surprised if ours lasts another three, before we repaint it.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »

StarJet has done very little great work since his brother left and went to work for Marathon in Or his brother does good work for Marathon at a price  LOL

I have saw some $15,000 + paint jobs I would not have payed for not only from StarJet
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:57:02 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »

I love you guys, you make me laugh.     Grin

I put an ad on Craig's List, looking for a painter.  Had three replies, two were unemployed.  One had a little shop in his backyard.  He's happy to have the work.

The entire bus, (including roof) for $2,000.  Will it be a five star paint job, of course not.  Will it pass the 20ft rule, yes.
I paid for the roof coating, he is paying for paint.  As stated, taking the bus from Blue, (see photo on my profile) to Corvette white. ( Arctic white has been used on 9 years of Corvette ).  After the paint, I hope to add some simple graphics.

The best thing is it will be completed by June 21st when I fly into Tampa for vacation.  Any other arrangement I had would have required me to spend half my vacation sanding the bus.

Wish me luck, and yes, I will post photos when I get home.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
dukegrad98

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »

I'm hoping to re-spray my own when the time comes.  Polish all the stainless, and probably paint the remainder of the bus silver.

Cheers, John
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: