Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 11:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning up the mess.  (Read 1369 times)
Dallas

« on: April 20, 2006, 07:19:33 AM »

This is just a suggestion, but how about everyone going through their old posts and cleaning up or deleting the ones that basically hijack the thread?
This will make it easier in the longrun for searches, plus, it'll make all of us use a little discipline in posting.
Hey, I know I'm the worst one for this, but I'm trying to learn this new board and trying to change my heathen ways!
Thanks all,
Dallas
orogle

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:23:18 AM »

This is just a suggestion, but how about everyone going through their old posts and cleaning up or deleting the ones that basically hijack the thread?
This will make it easier in the longrun for searches, plus, it'll make all of us use a little discipline in posting.
Hey, I know I'm the worst one for this, but I'm trying to learn this new board and trying to change my heathen ways!
Thanks all,
Dallas

If you had "permissions" you might be able to delete a post if no reply had been made to the original post.

There is a good reason this is turning into a "mess"  and I have previously stated the idea of being organized into different subject matters which would appear on the first page.  The sticky notes on bus pictures for example would be perfect for a subject on the first page.

also there was a post of a couple of bus rallies, one was in Rickreal Oregon and I forget the other.  But they are hard to find now because they are buried eight pages deep I believe for Rickreal.  If there was a subject area for "Bus Rallies" or other get togethers it would be easy to find. It would be under "bus rallies" on the first page.

Although I don't have a bus, I am giving it consideration and like to read and learn about the good and bad points of ownership.

Some people don't like subjects, and want everything lumped together.

This board is in a way similiar to creating a network "tree".  Either you do it right, or regret it forever.

Mods on this board have the capability of moving a post if it is put in the wrong section.  This does make for work for the mods accepting the responsibility and the more people place post in the right place, the less work would be put on the moderators.

The more organized the board is, the easier to find subjects of interest.

Either way I will check in often to see the great post and the sharing of information.  That as always, is the most important part of the board.

I would like to see...... something along the lines of a "tree"
categories/subcategories

help with specific parts of a bus/ engine/transmission/air leaks/brakes/ whatever/whatever/whatever/
general help section
general discussion area......... anything goes....... nothing in particular
FAQ SECTION for things that come up often.........
Place your bus pictures here
bus conventions/rallies
travel section/where to go/ places Iv'e been
bus dealers - list of the good and not so good
bus mechanics - list of the good and not so good
a section to test a post/avatars/signatures/whatever so it doesnt have to be on the main discussion area.

I am just thinking out loud......... and will refrain from further post on this matter
.  I just had to vent a little.  I like this board and will be back many times regardless of what happens.

orogle

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:28:27 AM by orogle » Logged
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »

There is a button to delete your own post. I do not know if it would delete any responses to that post.

Please continue to make suggestions for improving the board. I personally have posted a message regarding layout of the HELP board section and truly solicit your and others comments.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:44:06 PM »

All you guys have good points!

Anybody can delete their own thread however, if the subject or thread presents a problem, or if it just doesn't make sence just contact me
and I will review it along with Phil and our help team to decide what stays or goes.
It's that simple!
Let me know.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: