Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 05:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers Side Window (91XL)  (Read 2589 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 04:02:20 AM »

You can put a heat fun on glass to dissipate the moisture inside but be warned, your wasting your time. The next day the moisture will be back in full force!
Anyone that is attending the Arcadia Rally can have their windows fixed right at their camp site.
Duncan Glass will be there and they do a good job!
Also I found if your parked and your window is in direct sun for long periods, it will fog up AND if you cover them with sunscreens on the outside ONLY, they wont! Dont use the bubble foil on the inside as this will direct the heat right back into the glass causing seal damage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »

Follow up: I ordered a new one from Prevost. They no longer supply the Lexan thermo version, it's now real thermo safety glass. $260 for mine and it arrived damaged from rediculously poor packing, so back we go again. My advice, go to your local glass shop. Gerry H  Huh

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »

Gerry, I'll bet the UPS guy that got fired for tossing a package over a fench has been hired by Prevost! I dinged a 48" wide stainless panel. Scheduled replacement with Prevost Jacksonville on my way back to NC from Naples Florida. Prevost had shipped two panels just in case there was one damaged. Well there was one panel for the curbside and one panel for the street side. Now I needed the street side panel. Guess which one was damaged in shipping? Yep, the one I needed. The Prevost techs did not tell me they were using the curbside panel, which meant the rivet holes did not line up when rotated 90 degrees to use street side. So they were drilling ne holes in the framing so they could install the rivets. I was not a happy camper when I found that out. It was too late to do anything about it.

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

The purpose of double pane glass has more to do with fogging up the view for the driver on cold days with a busload of breathing passengers, than it does for heating/cooling efficiency.

Busnuts can choose to do otherwise, as we don't have the same interior conditions.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 06:02:17 AM »

Thanks for the info guys. Had the bus out this weekend and wasn't bad. Comes and goes. Been pretty dry down this way and that has a lot to do with it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: