Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One-Shot, Spackle that hole - not for everyone ( I know! )  (Read 1530 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:16:27 AM »

You wanted to know, well here it is..... It was still holding water today...This stuff is hard as a rock too!

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:35:38 AM »

NOw that's a temporary fix (I hope)

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:20:40 AM »

Got me 180 miles home..without overheating or losing all my coolant.

I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, It was just a calculated fluke that it worked at all... Roll Eyes

New core going in tomorrow too....

H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »

Very imaginative, great idea to get you home!

Jim Stewart

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:59 AM »

Looks like good s#!t to have in the tool box!

After having my latest addition to my 'fleet' towed home, that patch job is awesome! & with the $$$ saved from not towing it, you'll get a new radiator.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 11:35:28 AM »

Sounds like a good "Road Fix" story for the magazine.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 10:26:23 AM »

Out with the old and In with the new.....

H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »

It gives new meaning to getting plastered while driving your bus!

Jim Stewart

JerryH

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 06:02:20 PM »

Dr.Dave:

No fair ... you used a cart/lift.
I pulled one rad in our 8 in and out (I think) 3 times.  Got a free one to replace a leaker ... it leaked worse than the first one.
Replaced it with another 'free' rad ... it leaked ... not as bad as #2, but still leaked.
What's that -- 3rd times a charm?

Borrowed one from MC-8 #1 and put it in #2.  Should have just done that from the get go.  Dang ... I had no cart, just lift the darn thing and get her in there!

Gotta put a scissor lift cart on Santa's list Smiley

Jerry H.

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »

I do not think I would ever put in a used radiator without having it at least flow and pressure tested by a radiator shop.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 04:25:23 AM »

Dr.Dave:

No fair ... you used a cart/lift.
I pulled one rad in our 8 in and out (I think) 3 times.  Got a free one to replace a leaker ... it leaked worse than the first one.
Replaced it with another 'free' rad ... it leaked ... not as bad as #2, but still leaked.
What's that -- 3rd times a charm?

Borrowed one from MC-8 #1 and put it in #2.  Should have just done that from the get go.  Dang ... I had no cart, just lift the darn thing and get her in there!

Gotta put a scissor lift cart on Santa's list Smiley

Jerry H.

That lift cart is the best money that I have spent at Harbor Freight. It handles up to 1000 lbs, I have used it as a rolling table,
man-hoist ( stand on it for a little extra tallness (wife jacks it up so I can reach into the blower bay)), Lifts 8 golf cart batteries
up level to bay floor. and makes a nice work table for just about anything heavy.

The handle folds down and the whole thing will fit in a bay too, Extra nice for jockying generators into bay locations too.

On the Radiator thing, I had several offered to me (used) but 3 of them failed pressure tests before I started. So I ordered new
cores from National Chicago Radiator for $394 each. Much easier than the trial and error approach. My mistake was that I didn't
change both at the same exact time. I waited and then had to rush to change the right side when it failed 2 weeks later
on the road.

A used radiator may get you home, But new ones are the only sure cure. I don't know which is worse, The aggravation to change them or the expense of $12 a gallon antifreeze " Shell Rotella ELC " going on the ground ( red stuff ). It's all such a painfully expensive lesson.

DrDave... ( The Grand Adventure Continues ! ) Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: