Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 01:27:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote for old Trace Inverter  (Read 457 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »

I have an old Trace U2512SB inverter.  Like others, I have been unable to find a remote for it.  I also have another one of the same inverter that does not work.  The control panel on it though, is fine.  It seems to me that someone that knew what they were doing could wire my extra control panel so I could use that as a remote.  Does anyone know someone who might have that skill?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »

I have a brand new UB2512 inverter and found a remote for it on eBay, but the remote is nothing more than an on/off switch.  I bought an Trace SW2512MC and used it instead.  You might call inverter services at 615 285-0611 or Wrico in Oregon.

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »

Geoff, Although having the full panel remotely would be nice, an on/off switch is the main function I want.  Since we have been dry camping a bit, it would be good to be able to easily turn off the inverter so it is not wasting power in standby.  However, it is not such a savings that I would go outside to do it.  I suppose if I watched Ebay religiously I would eventually find something, but I have enough other obsessions for the time being.  I will try those numbers you gave.  Thanks

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: