Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 06:10:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happened to Anja ?  (Read 2251 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »

What happened to Anja the young girl in Massachusetts with the Prevost and 8V92 rebuild. She always had a good write up in the now defuncked magazine, was always good to read on her progress.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »

I second the question. A very talented writer, and doing a fantastic overhaul.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »

When I talked to Mike S at the Bus Conversion Rally, he told me that she gave up on the bus.  Can't remember the details.  He might chime in.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »

http://gettingtherebybus.blogspot.com/ still there, but hasn't been updated in a year.
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

I miss reading her updates. Too bad it didn't work out with the bus though. Hope she is still lurking. Maybe shes still a busnut!
Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

After Cat posted about Peabody needing help, I thought about Anja.  I sent an e-mail to her last Gmail account and her e-mail listed on her employer's site, but received no response.  As a guy, you have to be careful--Don't want to be seen as some strange stalker.

It is strange that her departure was so sudden---she just stopped posting.  Even though I am too far away to be a physical help, I thought she would have sought help at least to sell her Prevost that she had put so much work into.

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

Rumors are just rumors to me but a guy told me her new engine blew in a few minutes of run time true or not I  have no idea but I did tell the guy to tell her I had a 8v92 and parts that I would give her but never heard back from either.

She had a plate full trying to do what she wanted to do

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
John316

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »

Clifford, if that rumor is true, that would sure be a bummer. As tough as I am, that would just about be the limit for me. She was working on a job I would have a hard time attempting that myself.

It would be nice to hear that she is still doing okay....

John

OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm still in semi-regular contact with Anja.  

Anja graduated from Harvard last year, got a job in her profession, but her heart and soul was still in Oregon. She worked her @$# off trying to rebuild the 8V92 we got from the local DD dealer, but converting it from DDEC to MUI was too expensive, too time consuming, etc... And as we all know, parts are expensive.  

Anja's plan was to finish the rebuild then drive it to Oregon, finish the conversion and live in it.  But what do you do when you just can't get it done on time and on budget?  I suppose those of us with resources can pay someone to finish it, or just let it sit in the yard till the time/funds appear.  For her time was costing money with renting space for Urge, renting shop space, etc. putting it on hold wasn't an option.

Anja eventually traded Urge for a Mini Winnie, fixed it up and headed West.  I know she'll find another bus, but something running hopefully!  If I had known she was going to have give up her dreams of mobile and independent living, I would have given her that orphaned 4106 I picked up a few years ago...... It was rough, but she ran.

Mark

Edit: Clifford, I didn't know you offered her parts! 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:26:05 PM by OneLapper » Logged

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Damn if I would of known that I would have helped with parts. What a shame. That little girl worked her butt off on that thing. Hope all is well with her.

Mark do you know where in oregon she ended up.

Don
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

Damn if I would of known that I would have helped with parts. What a shame. That little girl worked her butt off on that thing. Hope all is well with her.

Mark do you know where in oregon she ended up.

Don

Yup, just outside of Portland. I have the name of the town in an email somewhere.

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »

Mark -

URGENT!!!!

Sent Anja an email ASAP and tell her to get her Mini Wini down to the Rickreal Fairgrounds (just outside Salem, an hour south of Portland) this weekend (June 21 > 24) for the Busin USA rally!  She'll be more than welcome and have a good time in the process.  She might even find a nice converted coach available - serendipity!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

PS: Thanks for the update on our friend.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »

i kept asking as well and glad to get an outcome altho not the best of endings she has youth on her side! the $4.50 diesel in the NE had to be a ponder too for a 2000 mile journey. You couldent help but root for her. Thanks for update.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 06:12:44 AM »

Mark, I offered all the mechanical parts in exchange for the DDEC parts she had I even had a set of low hour piston kits in the deal never heard from her or the guy

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
John316

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »

Mark,

Thanks for the update. That is too bad she didn't get her bus done. I don't think she was on the board enough to get the full sense of community. That probably would have helped her quite a bit. Thank you for what you did to help her (at least I think it was you).

John

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: