Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 03:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup Camera & Monitor  (Read 1119 times)
Bill DeGroot

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

Prior to finishing my interior, I ran RG-6 coax and 12v power between the planned-for camera location and the monitor location, with the idea of using RCA adaptors on each end of the coax to transmit the video from the camera to the monitor. I've been trying to find inexpensive cameras and monitors that would work with this wiring. I've looked at the Jensen RCS50A, which looks like a neat little package, but it appears to need additional wiring/connections. I would appreciate any help you could provide.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »

As with any of the audio visual equipment, it is always best to use their cables-will keep the resistance to a minimum.  I ran my cable after my bus was finished, but anticipated additions, since all my electrical runs down the lower exterior of the left interior wall.  It is always best to build with the possibilities of adding more toys in the future.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »

You can find cameras on eBay for around $100 bucks, color even. They say it can be hooked to any monitor. Go to eBay Motors, click on other vehicle parts.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: