Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 06:47:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow.. it's been a year already! Thank you everyone!  (Read 1149 times)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

We looked at the calendar this week, and just couldn't believe it - it's been a year since we bought our 4106!  What a ride it's been this past year bringing her up to date, doing massive modifications - all while living & traveling full time together.

We wanted to extend a thank you to everyone here - for sharing your wisdom, your expertise, your driveways and your encouragement.  We couldn't have made it this far without you!  We've thoroughly enjoyed meeting many of you in our travels, and hope to meet many more!

Here's a pic we took yesterday after giving Zephyr a bath and shine:

I also posted a 1-year busiversary on the blog yesterday, if anyone is interested in reading more:
http://www.technomadia.com/2012/06/happy-1-year-busiversary/

We're currently in St. Louis attending a family celebration this weekend. And haven't decide where we're heading from here.  My father continues his battle with cancer, so I expect we'll soon be heading back to Florida in the coming months to help out. Until then...  we'll see what manifests.

All our best to everyone,
 - Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »

Congratulations!

And here's to many more happy and productive years of nomadic existence!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »

Sure looks better than when I fix the power steering leak a year ago

Life is short drink the good wine first
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »

You guys are looking good!!!!! You would have looked better in my MCI but I know it's too long!!  Grin Grin

Glad you are doing well.

I still haven't sold mine yet. I should have taken your offer!

Best Regards!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »

We still have a soft spot in our hearts for your MCI, Tom... such a sweet looking ride!  Even after making the decision we wanted 35' and automatic, yours still seriously tempted us.  Hope the right home is found!

- Cherie

fortyniner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »

Very nice 4106. I checked out your blog and noticed your thinking about updating your solar panel to handle A/C duties. Do you have a thread started on that topic already?

-Tom P.

Tom Phillips
PD4106-453
PD4106-2864
87 Alfa Milano
93 Range Rover
87 190e-16 Mercedes
92 Jeep Comanche
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »

Good to hear things are going well. We are going into our 9TH year in our bus now. We chucked the corporate job and are now in the middle of a food vending gig. We call it "Don & Sqeila's Next Adventure" I built a 16' food vending trailer, (we spent about 30K, it's first class), and we are doing a circuit around A.B.A.T.E motorcycle events in the Pacific Northwest.. So far doing 1K-3K  per weekend. We are booked every weekend thru early Sept. Except for the seemingly non-stop rain things are going well. The bus is running well, the heating issues are in the past now. I can pull a 6% grade @ 45 MPH even pulling a trailer. Due to needing a 20K watt generator and carring 6 100# propane bottles, + all the associated stuff, (papergoods, extra canned goods etc...), we bought a pick-up. It tows the concession trailer, and the bus tows the support trailer. After three events the word is out that we make great food and each event is going better. They have all asked if we will come back next year. We're unsure if we will have to work thru the winter down south or...  Long hours during the events, (5:30 A.M.-10 or 11 P.M.), but the 3-5 days in between are worth it. Good music, good people, and making good money = Life Is Good.

Don & Sheila
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01:45 AM »

Hi Tom P -

We don't yet have solar on our 4106, that's a future pending (hopefully soon-ish) project for us.  We've not yet started a blog series on it.

But we have done solar on our past two home-on-wheels (our smaller travel trailers), and have some posts up about them.  And we do already have the lithium ion battery system installed with a boosting inverter on the bus.  

These two series might give you a start to what we're up to:

Our RV Electrical systems: http://www.technomadia.com/category/life-on-the-road/technology/rv-electrical-systems/
Lithium Ion Battery: http://www.technomadia.com/lithium

I'm sure as soon we start diving in deep on the solar, we'll be blogging all about it.. so stay tuned!

- Cherie

Kevinmc5

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »

Great Job

The bus is looking good. I have in joyed your you tube vids, keep em coming. We got our 4106 about the same time and enjoying it. Only wish we could full time. We would like to get the paint off our bus so we could get some shine like yours lol. Good luck for the next years down the road. If in ID. come on by.

Kevin

1964 4106-2471 8v71 Boise ID Driving any place I can Fit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: