Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:32:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LP gas cooktop  (Read 1558 times)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »

I don't recommend this for anyone, but I did some research and trial and error and found a drill bit a size up from the existing orifice in just one burner on our old 4 burner range and I drilled out the jet. I got lucky and the burner performed like a champ. The key word here being lucky Wink. Last Dec we replaced the range with a new Amana and the center front burner performs equally with the one that we modified so there hasn't been any reason to mess with it. We used the old range for approx. 4 years after modifying it with no problems. But like I said and will say again, we got lucky. Will Smiley
 My wife cooks on her range everyday and if this one hadn't put out the heat, I would have modified it also. But that's just me.
I had a crab cooker once that shot yellow flames 10 feet into the air because the manufacturer neglected to install the jet. I tried everything to get enough air for a proper mix before figuring out what the problem was. I'm a little slow sometimes, Cool

Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 06:40:12 AM »

Most new cook tops have adjustable orifices where you screw them in or out to adjust the amount of Gas you get through them to mix with the air that you are getting through the air shutter.  What you need to do is adjust both the gas and air until you have an all blue flame except just the very tip of the flame and it will be red.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »

Yep we have a Gaggenau you remove the control knob there is a adjustment screw to set the flame height and air YMMD  and happy birthday  Donald  today is my wifes day also
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:57:11 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »

Don -

If you really want to speed things up, get yourself an induction cook top.

Chris & Cherie of Technomadia did a comparison test not to long ago with Ben & Karen of Creative Cruiser - significant difference in amount of time to boil water.  IIRC, there's info on their blog about it, here's the link, scroll down to the "Boil off" video:

http://www.technomadia.com/2011/09/so-we-meet-again/

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: