Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:21:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking bus into Canada. Questions?  (Read 2470 times)
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »

We like to bring our favorite coffee with us on our trips.... a brand that's just about unobtainable except in Little Cuba (a/k/a South Florida).  What do the customs folks think about 20-30 vacuum-sealed bags of ground coffee?
TheHollands!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »

We do make our living playing music, however this trip is to visit a friend in Toronto being that it is so close to where we will be touring in Michigan. However as we live in our bus I will have PA, instruments, merchandise on board as it all travels with us regardless of the nature of any of our trips. We have travelled internationally, just never with the bus. I think I will call the border, if it turns into more hassle than I need our friend can always come visit us. Thanks, Craig

The Hollands!
1984 MCI-9
www.tillersandtravelers.wordpress.com
Musical Nomads
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »

We never had a problem getting in and out Canada, I did have a problem leaving the US for Germany (not in a bus) I found out when one ask how much cash you are leaving with it is best to tell the truth the bar codes on our money are a dead give away that lady counted my money and never touched it or me lol

good luck
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:53:03 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
opus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »

We do make our living playing music, however this trip is to visit a friend in Toronto being that it is so close to where we will be touring in Michigan. However as we live in our bus I will have PA, instruments, merchandise on board as it all travels with us regardless of the nature of any of our trips. We have travelled internationally, just never with the bus. I think I will call the border, if it turns into more hassle than I need our friend can always come visit us. Thanks, Craig

We've got opportunities in Canada but I am a little too nervous about doing it.  I know a lot of people that do and its never the same everytime they cross.  I'd hate to book dates then pull a no show.

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 02:22:55 AM »

all that coffee will be a problem as the criminals use it to hide the cocaine in as it masks the smell to the dogs.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »

BTDT quite a few times. If you are bringing any merchandise in, how do they know you won't sell any of it? They might not see/notice it, but if the wrong person does, they you are stuck. We always import our materials, the right way. That usually involves hours of extra paperwork and prep (don't ask me what to do, because I am not the one that does it). Port Huron has been fine in the past. We didn't have any issues there.

As the others have said, be respectful.

FWIW

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:24 AM »

Craig,
If it helps any, and you are returning, I live just south of the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan.  You would be welcome to leave any questionable items here, enjoy your trip, then pick them up when you return.
If you are passing over the Mackinaw Bridge, we're not more than a couple miles out of your way. 

Just a thought,

Dave

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
TheHollands!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 07:24:25 AM »

Thanks Dave, not sure what we are doing yet, we will be in Michigan for a couple of weeks, passing over the Mackinaw. Would be good to meet, haven't seen another bus yet, would love to share ideas.
Craig

The Hollands!
1984 MCI-9
www.tillersandtravelers.wordpress.com
Musical Nomads
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »

don't wear sunglasses. take them off 10 miles before you get there.
be sure everyone is wide awake. i was scrutinized once when my wife was napping....go figure... Roll Eyes

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
06 Bill

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »

Craig I have driven into Canada at least once a year for the last 30 years. Many times with the old 4106. Never have had problem 1. First yes sir or no sir depending on ?. No sun glasses. Have passports ready. Sometimes will ask
for drivers license. They will ask a few simple ?s. If you bring pets you now need their shot records with you. Then
it's have a nice stay and off you go. This has been at many ports across the country mostly in Maine @ calais.
                        Not to worry have fun      06 Bill
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 12:53:22 AM »

your merchandise may  be a problem, either
n or s bound.  Also instruments and gear.  Basically it will look like you are coming to Canada to work, doesn't matter if that is not the case.  Your gear could be taxed going back to the states if they decide you bought it in Can, so you need to register the ser #s.  Personally I would take buddy up on his offer and store enough stuff so you don't look pro.  Back in the day, if I was in a band and we were loaded with gear, we would say we were going to record at a studio (allowed back then without paperwork), or going to do a promotional event (no pay, also allowed) and finally if we were doing a tour I guess the TM took care of that cause I don't have a clue, just know the promoters/club owners had to be involved, and paperwork was involved.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: