Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 11:54:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastic 4 in DE  (Read 1367 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: November 04, 2006, 06:44:01 PM »

Ok,

Ross, Bill Glen [homegrowndiesel], Bruce Knee, and myself are all tackeling hydronic heat issues in Delaware at Bruce's.

We have 4 different busses with 4 different Proheat setups. And we are tweeking the bugs out of all of them.

Hydronic, baseboard, flatplate heat exchangers, and toe kicks. we are doing it all here...

Talk about minds working all together..... This would make a great seminar for alot of our members!

Wish you guy's could be here!     Between the 4 of us, we are burning some diesel....

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »

Take pictures and keep notes, we're all ears (and eyes). 

The hydronic system is what I'm currently working on.  I'm using the espar heater that came with the bus. Two thermostats, 5 heaters and an aquastat for the domestic hot water.  Winter / summer valve.  Lots of fun. Actually the most challenging is finding the best location to thread the pipes and hoses through, and getting all the fittings I need.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Moof

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »

Sounds like some fun might happen too.  I can't wait for the briefing that comes as a result of this collaberation.
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 03:46:24 AM »

I wish I had known you guys were getting together this weekend I could have made it up there and got my proheat figured out also,but now will just need to call one or all of you with questions,I will be replacing rear air bags today and start on the proheat system tomorrow or the next day,time is running short till christmas travel time   Mike
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:25:23 AM »

How long are you guys going to be at Bruces? I would drive over just to see your buses!

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 07:27:47 AM »

Oldmansax,

Yes you are welcome to come by....

You can call for directions

609-827-7331

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »

Nick,
Just let me know when the Fantastic 4 is ready to make it the Fabulous 5 and Iíll be there.  I have some other stuff to do before Arcadia, but heat sure would be nice!
EdNj
 Grin Cheesy

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:34:50 PM »

How about piping diagrams or such describing the different ways you guys have worked out.  pictures help too.  Perhaps MAK could throw it in an issue.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »

Hi Ed,

Sure, but you don't need heat in Arcadia...lol.

Ed, you can come to Bruce's or my shop anytime, you know that.... 

Just give us a call.

Nick-

Nick,
Just let me know when the Fantastic 4 is ready to make it the Fabulous 5 and Iíll be there. I have some other stuff to do before Arcadia, but heat sure would be nice!
EdNj
 Grin Cheesy

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:51:10 AM »

Sure, but you don't need heat in Arcadia...lol.

Don,t believe that. We almost froze to death the first year. Ask Ace or one of the others that were there.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: