Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo boost  (Read 1150 times)
freebird

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:26:16 PM »

I am a little disappointed that I didn't get any replies to my inquiry about what a normal turbo boost pressure would be on my 6V92TA (not a DDEC) and how you know when it's time to have the turbo rebuilt.
Maybe I did't phrase the question correctly.
Anyway, I talked to a tech at DD and thought I would pass on what he told me.
He said to check the turbo shaft for side or end play indicating worn bearings. Also there is a rubber boot at the outlet that can sometimes blow a hole and lose pressure.
When I took a look I found the clamp between the 2 blowers had broken allowing exhaust to escape. It didn't look bad but I noticed black soot at that point and when checked it for tightness found it had broken on the back side.
I am now looking forward to a little more HP and a cleaner engine compartment. 
Marc   Eagle 10
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:42:18 PM »

Hi Freebird,

Thanks for passing on the rest of the story - and how this turned out.  I'm sure this will be of help to someone searching for the answer to the same question sometime in the future.  I've got a 6v92 non-ddec, so will keep this in mind as well.

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: