Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 06:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roof top AC  (Read 3076 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

Bruce:

There is an entire line of air-conditioners used to cool... Dog houses! ThermAssure® is one brand and Climate Right® is another. They come in different capacities. They are very small in size. I found out about them when I was studying up on building a teardrop trailer. Many teardroppers are effectively using them to cool their trailers.

http://www.thermassure3.com/

http://www.cedarwoodfurniture.com/petcool.html

Just one more option to consider for a small area.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »

I know a lot of folks here never really liked the Carrier lo-pro units due to the fan on top that can hook trees.

Advent doesn't make a lo-pro unit, at least not yet.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »

The Coleman Lo/Pro has the fan on top also  Nick is about the only one here I ever heard  that didn't like the Carrier he sells Dometic lol
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:19:36 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »

(snip)  http://www.thermassure3.com/
http://www.cedarwoodfurniture.com/petcool.html
Just one more option to consider for a small area.    

Now, that's an interesting option that I'd never known about!  Thanks for those links, Dr. Steve.  I can see a few challenges with ducting condenser air (remember, I have no "bays" and precious little underfloor area) but the units are pretty small and the power requirements are tiny.  With a "power sharing" inverter (which would really only be needed to smooth out startup power loads), you could run a couple of these off a 15amp socket and a 12/3 power extension cord if a bigger power supply weren't available.  On the other hand, even two of them would be only about 5k BTU at a cost of over $1000 but for small areas (bedroom???) with "packaging area" available, these might be very advantageous.  
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:56:06 AM by Oonrahnjay » Logged

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »

Hi Gerry,

Your Quote: "Somehow my thread on roof top AC turned into a Honda generator discussion?"

My apologies for appearing to hijack your thread.  I guess my thoughts were too far removed from the subject of placement and use of air conditioners. 

If I knew how to remove the posts, I would.  Perhaps you or someone else can do that.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »

Garhawk: Not a problem. I wondered if somehow 2 threads got crossed by the digital powers that be. I would love to "talk" about Honda generators also, but in a different thread please. My threads usually get about 2 answers and this one is over 34 so I'm extremely pleased people are giving of themselves. Thanks to all.

Latest AC update: Went to an RV dealer parts dept. today and asked about Dometic 15K heat pump AC's. Seems there is still one listed, but it has to be ducted, and of course I need a non-ducted one which only seems to exist in the 13.5K size. They were unable to answer any questions, just order a part number for xxxx$. So it maybe cooling only 15K and no heat pump for me. Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: