Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 08:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil????  (Read 1446 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »

Walt , what brand of oil did you buy? I buy my delo 100 on the east side of Austin. They sell in bulk just put in 5 gallon buckets. It's about 70 miles from me but nobody carries it around here.

glen

It is a Texaco brand.  The dealer was in Wharton, Texas but they switched to Shell products.  It meets the specs suggested by Detroit.  I ran the genset for about an hour yesterday and it didn't seem to mind the 40 wt.  I am going to run it from now on.  It is not one engine that costs a lot to maintain, it is all of them that is kicking my butt. 

1 Excursion in the shop for a seal right now
2 jettas
2 Kubotas
1 Allis Chalmers Tractor in the shop for a clutch right now
1 John  Deer Mower
2 boat motors
2 four wheelers, one of which I just adjusted the valves and rebuilt the carb last weekend
1 echo weedeater
4 Stihl chainsaws.
1 Silver Eagle bus
Son of a bisquit eater I am up to my butt in mechanical work.  Lets not even get started on batteries.  So when I can find deals on bulk stuff like oil I try to get all I can right then and there.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: