Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 31, 2014, 03:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil????  (Read 1460 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »

Walt , what brand of oil did you buy? I buy my delo 100 on the east side of Austin. They sell in bulk just put in 5 gallon buckets. It's about 70 miles from me but nobody carries it around here.

glen

It is a Texaco brand.  The dealer was in Wharton, Texas but they switched to Shell products.  It meets the specs suggested by Detroit.  I ran the genset for about an hour yesterday and it didn't seem to mind the 40 wt.  I am going to run it from now on.  It is not one engine that costs a lot to maintain, it is all of them that is kicking my butt. 

1 Excursion in the shop for a seal right now
2 jettas
2 Kubotas
1 Allis Chalmers Tractor in the shop for a clutch right now
1 John  Deer Mower
2 boat motors
2 four wheelers, one of which I just adjusted the valves and rebuilt the carb last weekend
1 echo weedeater
4 Stihl chainsaws.
1 Silver Eagle bus
Son of a bisquit eater I am up to my butt in mechanical work.  Lets not even get started on batteries.  So when I can find deals on bulk stuff like oil I try to get all I can right then and there.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: