Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 09:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First outing after two years  (Read 4317 times)
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »

This is what it is all about.
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »

looks very good. thanks for the pics.

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Larry B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »

First I must apologize for not getting back sooner but I forgot to take the camera to the shop to get more pictures. I did this two  days in a row. I have no secrets and any little bit I do know I am definitely willing to share.  I finished the air scoops at the air inlet screens to the radiators. The weather has cooled down (mid 20's C--70F), so to go for test drive would not give an accurate test to see if they help with cooling. On the air screen on the driver  side I added a piece of aluminum deflector on the inside of the screen to direct some of the air toward the engine blower intake. On an MCI-5B the majority of blower air is drawn in at rad. It seems as if rad and blower are in competion for the same air. If the scoops are effective I will paint this winter.     
              Larry B

1977 MCI-5B---
8V71- 4speed man
Larry B

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

A couple of pictures of the inside  as requested and what it looks like. We are getting ready to take a trip from Alberta (home to me) to west coast of British Columbia . Through the Rockie Mts, the real test for my hobby. After I get back I will open a section in the conversion section with more pictures that will show the mechanics of the slide and the leveling system and more inside pictures. I still have inside things left to do, but enough is done that it is usable.
            Larry B

1977 MCI-5B---
8V71- 4speed man
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »

Larry, it will be interesting to see how they work. From what I read (from Fred Hobe's), the scoops should be at least 1/3 of the width of the screen, so they actually scoop some air and direct it into the rad.

Do stop here overnight on your trip across BC. I'll show you my 5 if you show me yours, LOL.

JC

JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: